Jackalopes Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - Coming off a pair of one-goal losses at Allen this past weekend, the Odessa Jackalopes will close out their five-game road trip by visiting Arizona and Texas this week.
Last week's record: 1-1-1
Season overall: 20-22-6
Thursday at Laredo, 4-3 (SO) Win
Matt Gens scored in round five for the shootout-winning and game-winning goal against the Bucks. Sebastien Thinel, Mark Ehl, and Kenny Corupe also scored for Odessa. David McKee made 34 saves for the Jacks.
Friday at Allen, 3-2 Loss
Two goals early in the third period for the Americans held up for the win. It was the first time all season that the home team won a game in the season series between Odessa and Allen. Mike Ramsay and Mark Ehl scored for the Jacks.
Saturday at Allen, 6-5 (OT) Loss
Colton Yellow Horn's hat-trick goal also proved to be the game-winner for Allen just 35 seconds into overtime. Mike Ramsay forced the extra frame after tying the game at 5-5 for the Jacks with three minutes to play in regulation. Sebastien Thinel and Mike Lesperance both recorded three assists for Odessa.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Tuesday at Arizona, 8:05 PM CST
The Jackalopes make their final visit to Tim's Toyota Center for the fifth meeting of the season against the Arizona Sundogs. Odessa is 2-1-1 against the Sundogs this season. Two of the four previous meetings between the teams have been decided by one goal - one in overtime, the other in a shootout.
Friday at Texas, 7:30 PM CST
It's the eighth meeting of the season between the Jackalopes and Brahmas. Odessa is 2-4-1 against Texas this season, but both of their wins have come on the Brahmas' ice. Chad Woollard has eight goals for Texas against Odessa this season.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Seven of Odessa's last 10 games have been one-goal decisions with the Jacks going 2-4-1 in those contests.Four of Odessa's five meetings against Allen this season have been decided by just a goal.Phil Plante scored his 100th career goal on Saturday at Allen.Todd Robinson tallied the 1,100th point of his career with an assist at Allen on Friday.In seven games between Odessa and Texas this year the Brahmas' Greg Hogeboom, Jason Deitch, and Chad Woollard have combined for 39 points - 17 goals, 22 assists.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2011
- Rush Players Shave Heads in Support of Breast Cancer - Rapid City Rush
- Valley View Elementary Students Rewarded for Charity Efforts with Player Visit - Rapid City Rush
- Shots from the Point for February 14, 2011 - CHL
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mudbugs to Host Three Games this Week - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Waive Delforte - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks' Mike Berry Named Player of the Week - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Oakley CHL Player of the Week Announced - CHL
- "Rock the Puck for Stars" March 8th - Laredo Bucks
- Komets Complete Week 18 with Two Shutouts - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gems Player Kyle Bochek Has His Date with a Fan Tuesday Evening - Dayton Gems
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Oilers Home Stand Continues - Tulsa Oilers
- Dayton Gems Weekly Review - Dayton Gems
- Bucks Close out Home Stand Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Thunder Wins One, Drops Two - Wichita Thunder
- Strong Third Period Leads Mavs to Weekend Win - Colorado Eagles
- Mavericks Score Three in Third to Beat Eagles, 7-4 - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.