Oilers Home Stand Continues
First Timers: The Tulsa Oilers end a four game home stand this week, welcoming a new opponent to the BOK Center. The Oilers will host the Missouri Mavericks on Tuesday at 7:05 p.m. and the Evansville IceMen will make their first visit to the BOK Center Friday at 7:35 p.m. The Oilers play at Wichita on Saturday at 7:05 p.m.
Reversals: The Oilers got back on the winning track Saturday night with a 4-3 overtime win over the Mississippi RiverKings. Tulsa dropped its first two games last week, 7-5 in Allen in a make-up game from February 2nd, and 3-1 at home to Texas on Friday night.
Wirll Wind: Mike Wirll had four goals last week scoring twice at Allen and netting two more Saturday against Mississippi. Wirrl now has six goals and two assists for eight points in his 11games with the Oilers.
At The Lake: Right wing Chad Costello who was the CHL leading scorer at the time, was called up to the Lake Erie Monsters of the American Hockey League last Thursday. At the time of his assignment to Lake Erie, Costello led the league with 28 goals and 44 assists for 72 points. Lake Erie also signed goaltender Tyler Sims who played in 10 games for the Oilers earlier this season.
Back In A Tie: Defenseman Derek Eastman scored two goals at Allen, both on the power play. He leads all defensemen in power play goals and is tied for the league lead in power play goals with 11.
Tickets Here: Tickets for all Oiler games are available at the BOK Box Office, Tickets.com, Tulsa area Reasor's stores, and by calling 1-866-7BOK-CTR (866-725-5287). More information is available by calling the Oilers office at 918-632-PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2011
- Rush Players Shave Heads in Support of Breast Cancer - Rapid City Rush
- Valley View Elementary Students Rewarded for Charity Efforts with Player Visit - Rapid City Rush
- Shots from the Point for February 14, 2011 - CHL
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mudbugs to Host Three Games this Week - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Waive Delforte - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks' Mike Berry Named Player of the Week - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Oakley CHL Player of the Week Announced - CHL
- "Rock the Puck for Stars" March 8th - Laredo Bucks
- Komets Complete Week 18 with Two Shutouts - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gems Player Kyle Bochek Has His Date with a Fan Tuesday Evening - Dayton Gems
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Oilers Home Stand Continues - Tulsa Oilers
- Dayton Gems Weekly Review - Dayton Gems
- Bucks Close out Home Stand Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Thunder Wins One, Drops Two - Wichita Thunder
- Strong Third Period Leads Mavs to Weekend Win - Colorado Eagles
- Mavericks Score Three in Third to Beat Eagles, 7-4 - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.