The Americans skated in four games last week, all inside the friendly confines of the Allen Event Center. Allen came away with 6 of a possible 8 points in the games, winning the first three contests before dropping Sunday's game.
Tuesday, Feb. 8-Tulsa- The Americans defeated the Tulsa Oilers in wild fashion, winning the game 7-5. Bruce graham contributed with 2 goals and 2 assists, while Nino Musitelli piled up 4 assists of his own. Adrien leMay got the win in net, stopping 19 of 24 Tulsa shots thrown his way.
Friday, Feb 11-Odessa- Allen came from behind against the 'Jacks, scoring 2 goals in the final frame to secure a 3-2 victory. Bruce Graham and Colton Yellow Horn each had two points, while Nino Musitelli provided the game winner. Scott Campbell started in goal and was stalwart, delivering 31 saves.
Saturday, Feb 12-Odessa- In front of the largest home crowd of the season, the Americans won in dramatic fashion, 6-5 in overtime. Colton Yellow Horn scored a goal for the ages to tie things up late in the 3rd period, before scoring his 3rd goal of the game in OT to win the game for the Americans. Scott Campbell was solid again in goal, stopping 27.
Sunday, Feb 13-RGV- The Americans dropped a game to the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees 4-1. Adrien LeMay took the loss, just his third loss of the season.
Last Game- The Americans came out flat against the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees on Sunday, and lost a 4-1 game at the Allen Event Center. Kip Brennan scored the lone goal for the Americans on a power play late in the second period. Other than the Brennan goal, Allen failed to mount much of an offensive attack to test Rio Goaltender Julian Pagliero, who came up with 25 saves on 26 shots.
Next Up: The Americans will have a chance at revenge Tuesday night in Hidalgo, as they take on the Killer Bees at 7:00 PM. Allen enters the contest with the best record in the CHL at 34-9-1, while Rio Grande Valley has climbed to the 7-slot in the Berry Conference at 19-24-5.
Not Too Familiar with the 'L' Column: The Americans have not had a losing streak all season long, as they are 9-0-0 after having lost the previous contest.
Creeping up the Leader Board- The Americans lead the league in goal scoring, but until recently did not have a player in the top-10 of league scoring. Bruce Graham is now tied for 9th in the league with 58 points (23+3558).
Road Warriors- The Americans have far and away the best road record in the CHL at 18-3-0. No other team in the league has lost less than 8 games on the road this season.
#Trending/Streaking now: Colton Yellow horn has compiled a modest 4 game point streak dating back to February 8th against Tulsa. During the stretch, Yellow Horn has accumulated 5 goals and 3 assists for 8 points.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2011
- Rush Players Shave Heads in Support of Breast Cancer - Rapid City Rush
- Valley View Elementary Students Rewarded for Charity Efforts with Player Visit - Rapid City Rush
- Shots from the Point for February 14, 2011 - CHL
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mudbugs to Host Three Games this Week - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Waive Delforte - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks' Mike Berry Named Player of the Week - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Oakley CHL Player of the Week Announced - CHL
- "Rock the Puck for Stars" March 8th - Laredo Bucks
- Komets Complete Week 18 with Two Shutouts - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gems Player Kyle Bochek Has His Date with a Fan Tuesday Evening - Dayton Gems
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Oilers Home Stand Continues - Tulsa Oilers
- Dayton Gems Weekly Review - Dayton Gems
- Bucks Close out Home Stand Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Thunder Wins One, Drops Two - Wichita Thunder
- Strong Third Period Leads Mavs to Weekend Win - Colorado Eagles
- Mavericks Score Three in Third to Beat Eagles, 7-4 - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Sign Rookie Forward from the Western League
- Team-Record Seven Americans Players Headed to Minnesota Wild Training Camp
- Americans Add Former Stars Draft Pick, and University of Denver Defenseman to the Mix
- Americans Announce Signing of Defenseman Kayle Doetzel
- Americans Add Offensive Punch on the Blue-Line with Addition of Turner Ottenbreit