Roadrunners Weekly: November 18
11-4-0-0 - .733 Win Percentage
(1st- Pacific Division, 1st- Western Conference, 2nd- AHL)
GAMES THIS WEEK:
Wednesday at San Jose - 8 p.m. (SAP Center)
Friday vs. Ontario - 7 p.m. (Tucson Arena)
Saturday vs. Ontario - 7 p.m. (Tucson Arena)
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
5-2 Win at Stockton (Friday)
7-1 Loss at San Jose (Sunday)
Friday night forward Hudson Fasching scored both his first and second goals of the season in the team's win at Stockton. Sunday, he added his third in two games.
Goaltender Eric Comrie made it two wins in two starts Friday night, having now won two of his three appearances since joining the team from the Coyotes on a conditioning loan.
THEY SAID IT:
"It was a great game. I think it was one of our better games of the whole year. We played a full 60 minutes, stayed tight-knit and came away with the result we wanted." - Roadrunners forward Tyler Steenbergen sharing his thoughts on Friday's win post-game.
"The push back right after a goal for or against is huge. The next shift is what leads to the next shift and it compounds. It sways the momentum for the rest of the period." - Roadrunners defenseman Kyle Capobianco describing the importance of the Roadrunners scoring immediately following both Stockton goals Friday night in the win.
THIS WEEK'S NOTES:
The team will now have an off day Monday, practice day Tuesday, game in San Jose again Wednesday and a travel day back to Tucson on Thursday.
Hockey Fights Cancer - Friday, November 22 at 7 p.m. against Ontario
Get a special Hockey Fights Cancer ticket package featuring a branded purple beanie and a ticket for just $23.
Pepsi Four-Packs will also be available, including four premium seats and four soft drinks.
Stars Wars Night - Saturday, November 23 at 7 p.m. against Ontario
The team will wear their Kachina Jerseys for the first time. Make sure you're there to be part of the craze.
First 1,500 fans will receive a Star Wars-themed Dusty poster.
Roadrunners Happy Hour hosted by Adrian Denny 6-7 p.m. airs every Wednesday on Fox Sports 1450 with two special guests. This week's show will originate live from SAP Center and lead fans directly up until face-off at 8 p.m.
Roadrunners Reports featuring Head Coach Jay Varady and select players continue Monday through Friday's on all Tucson iHeartRadio stations.
New for 2019-20, Fox Sports 1450 AM is your Tucson radio home for Arizona Coyotes broadcasts.
The Roadrunners Insider Podcast with Brett Fera of the Arizona Daily Star debuts now each Tuesday on FoxSports1450.com and the iHeartRadio App.
The Arizona Coyotes moved into sole possession of second place in the NHL's Pacific Division following their 3-0 shutout victory over the Calgary Flames on Saturday in Glendale. The team is now 12-7-2 through 21 games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 18, 2019
- Wolves Insider: 1,000th Home Game - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: November 18 - Manitoba Moose
- Panthers Recall F Dominic Toninato from Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Forward Logan O'Connor - Colorado Eagles
- 70's Night Renamed in Honor of KISS Concert - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Weekly, November 18-24 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Senators Recall Veronneau from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Weekly: November 18 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Mikhail Berdin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Manitoba Moose
- Panthers Loan F Dryden Hunt to T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Manitoba's Mikhail Berdin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Predators Recall Olivier, Santini - Milwaukee Admirals
- Morgan Frost Earns First NHL Recall - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Streak Halted in San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Snap Skid, Get 7-1 Victory over Tucson - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.