Manitoba's Mikhail Berdin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
November 18, 2019 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Manitoba Moose goaltender Mikhail Berdin has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending November 17, 2019.
Berdin was 4-0-0 in four starts last week and allowed only five goals on 153 shots, good for a 1.24 goals-against average and a .967 save percentage.
Berdin opened the week last Monday afternoon by making 32 saves in Manitoba's 4-1 win over Texas. He stopped 36 shots in a 2-1 win over the Stars on Wednesday, and recorded a career-high 45 saves to backstop the Moose to a 2-1 overtime decision over San Antonio on Friday. Finally, Berdin ran his winning streak to six games on Sunday with 35 stops in a 5-2 win over the Rampage, lifting Manitoba over the .500 mark for the first time this season (9-8-0-0).
A second-year pro from Ufa, Russia, Berdin has started 15 of the Moose's first 17 games this season and has a record of 9-6-0 with a 2.46 goals-against average, a .927 save percentage and two shutouts, leading the AHL in victories and ranking second in minutes played (877), shots faced (490) and saves (454). The 21-year-old netminder was a sixth-round choice by the Winnipeg Jets in the 2016 NHL Draft.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Berdin will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Moose home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 18, 2019
- Wolves Insider: 1,000th Home Game - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: November 18 - Manitoba Moose
- Panthers Recall F Dominic Toninato from Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Forward Logan O'Connor - Colorado Eagles
- 70's Night Renamed in Honor of KISS Concert - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Weekly, November 18-24 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Senators Recall Veronneau from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Weekly: November 18 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Mikhail Berdin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Manitoba Moose
- Panthers Loan F Dryden Hunt to T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Manitoba's Mikhail Berdin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Predators Recall Olivier, Santini - Milwaukee Admirals
- Morgan Frost Earns First NHL Recall - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Streak Halted in San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Snap Skid, Get 7-1 Victory over Tucson - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.