Rapids Announce Upcoming Regular Season Scheduling, Beginning August 22 against RSL
The Colorado Rapids announced today the club will resume playing regular season games at DICK's Sporting Goods Park starting on August 22 with a home match against Real Salt Lake at 7 p.m. MT. The 'Rocky Mountain' rivalry clash will kick off a slate of six games-three home and three away-against Western Conference foes as the Rapids (2-2-1, 7 pts) continue their 2020 MLS regular season.
Following the initial match against RSL, the Rapids will travel to FC Dallas on Wednesday, August 26, before returning home for a rematch against MLS-is-Back group opponents Sporting Kansas City on Saturday, August 29. The Burgundy Boys will also host the Houston Dynamo on Wednesday, September 9, in between road trips to San Jose and Salt Lake City.
Upcoming Rapids Schedule & Opponents:
Date Opponent Location Time
Saturday, August 22 Real Salt Lake DICK'S Sporting Goods Park 7:00 PM MT
Wednesday, August 26 FC Dallas Toyota Stadium 6:30 PM MT
Saturday, August 29 Sporting Kansas City DICK'S Sporting Goods Park 7:00 PM MT
Saturday, September 5 San Jose Earthquakes Earthquakes Stadium 8:30 PM MT
Wednesday, September 9 Houston Dynamo DICK'S Sporting Goods Park 7:00 PM MT
Saturday, September 12 Real Salt Lake Rio Tinto Stadium 7:30 PM MT
At the outset, games will be played without fans in attendance. The club is working closely with MLS, local health authorities and government officials to examine the feasibility of safely hosting fans at some point during the season.
"We're excited to get back to action and to have our team playing games at DICK's Sporting Goods Park once again," said PÃ¡draig Smith, Colorado Rapids Executive VP & General Manager. "Although we will greatly miss having our fans supporting us from the stands, we fully recognize that any scenario involving their attendance must be carefully thought out and prioritize the health and safety of everyone involved above all else. We will continue to work with MLS, national, and local public health authorities to explore the feasibility of safely hosting fans at some point during the season."
A limited amount of accredited media will be allowed to attend Rapids home matches. More information, including details on the application process, will be announced in the coming week.
Earlier today, Major League Soccer announced the 2020 regular season will continue with in-market play starting on August 12 and released the schedule for clubs' next six games. A schedule for additional games and MLS Cup Playoffs will be announced at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 8, 2020
- Rapids Announce Upcoming Regular Season Scheduling, Beginning August 22 against RSL - Colorado Rapids
- Inaugural Season Continues with Home Debut on August 22 - Inter Miami CF
- Everything You Need to Know About Resuming the 2020 MLS Season - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville Soccer Club Unveils Return to Play Plans Through September 12 - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer Announces Continuation of Play in MLS Home Markets - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Continues 2020 Season - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy's First Six Matches of Continued Major League Soccer Season Announced - LA Galaxy
- MLS' 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August - D.C. United
- MLS Announces Schedule for Continuation of 25th Regular Season - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Continue Regular Season against Seattle Sounders FC at Providence Park on August 23 - Portland Timbers
- Chicago Fire FC to Continue 2020 MLS Regular Season at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Announce Schedule for Continuation of Play in Home Markets - Philadelphia Union
- Sporting Releases Schedule for Next Six Matches, Announces Reduced-Capacity Plan - Sporting Kansas City
- First six games of FC Cincinnati's continuation of the regular season unveiled - FC Cincinnati
- Revolution Announce Six Games as MLS Season Continues in Home Markets - New England Revolution
- Orlando City SC Announces Schedule for In-Market Continuation of Play - Orlando City SC
- Columbus Crew SC's 25th Regular Season to Continue as Major League Soccer Announces Plan to Return to Home Markets - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Regular Season to Continue in Local Markets in August - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York City FC Announces Continuation of Play with Phase 1 of 2020 MLS Regular Season - New York City FC
- MNUFC to Continue MLS Season in Local Markets - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Resumes MLS Play with Two Home Matches vs Nashville SC - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo Return to BBVA Stadium in MLS Play August 21 vs. FC Dallas - Houston Dynamo
- MLS' 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August - MLS
- Pizarro, Robles Excited for Continuation of MLS in South Florida - Inter Miami CF
- MLS' 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August - Philadelphia Union
- Major League Soccer Announces Schedule for 2020 Continuation of Play - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC and MLS Announce Continuation of 2020 Regular Season in Home Markets - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Rapids Rely on Resiliency as Team Heads into Final Regular Season Stretch
- What Makes Midfielder Cole Bassett a Top Prospect and Which European Clubs Are Interested
- Rapids Announce Partnership with Ã¢ÂÂI Am a Voter' and Ã¢ÂÂRally the Vote'
- Colorado Rapids, CRYSC Announce 2020 Recipients of the Dr. Bob Contiguglia Annual Scholarship
- MLS & CDPHE Postpone Upcoming Matches