Nashville Soccer Club Unveils Return to Play Plans Through September 12
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville Soccer Club announced today in conjunction with Major League Soccer that the club will square off against FC Dallas in a two-match series in Frisco, Texas as part of the league's continuation of regular season play plan. Following this series, the Boys in Gold will face Southeastern regional foes Atlanta United FC, Inter Miami CF and Orlando City SC as part of a six-match schedule through Sept. 12. The remainder of the schedule will be announced by early September.
The series against FC Dallas will represent matches three and four of the 2020 MLS Regular Season for both clubs, as the two clubs were unable to participate in the Group Stage of the MLS is Back Tournament in July. The third and final match of the series will be scheduled for later in the fall.
"Having suffered the heartache of the Orlando Tournament, it's wonderful to be preparing for our first game in five months," said Nashville Head Coach Gary Smith. "The players and staff are excited to be competing again and we would all like nothing more than to get into a rhythm of games to promote the team development we have all missed."
Nashville SC last competed in an MLS match on March 8 in a road contest against the Portland Timbers before MLS suspended operations a week later due to COVID-19. As a result, Nashville SC was then moved to the Eastern Conference to allow for less travel to road matches which now features multiple contests with regional opponents.
The club's long-awaited return to Nissan Stadium will bring back-to-back home matches against MLS expansion foe Inter Miami CF on Aug. 30 and Orlando City SC on Sept. 2. In partnership with MLS and local health authorities, Nashville SC will continue to monitor and evaluate the status of COVID-19 in relation to fans attending matches during this phase and will share more information in the upcoming weeks. The Boys in Gold's lone outing in Music City dates back to Feb. 29 when the club hosted a state record-breaking crowd for a soccer match of 59,069 in its inaugural MLS match.
After heading to the Lone Star State for the two matches against FC Dallas, Nashville will be reunited with their Southern rivals Atlanta United FC at Mercedes Benz Stadium on Aug. 22. The two rivals will then wrap up the first phase of the continuation of Regular Season play at Nissan Stadium on Sept. 12.
In addition to Atlanta, the Boys in Gold will also visit Orlando City SC at Exploria Stadium on Aug. 26 before the two clubs reunite a week later in Music City. The club's final road trip will feature Nashville at Inter Miami CF in a match broadcast live on FS1.
For the first time in 2020, Nashville SC's matches will be televised locally on MyTV30 with Tony Husband taking on play-by-play duties, Jamie Watson as color analyst and Lori Lindsey as the club's sideline analyst. Wednesday's match at FC Dallas will be the trio's debut after joining the club earlier this season.
Through the airwaves, fans will be able to listen to the call on ESPN 94.9 Game 2 for English radio coverage and on El Jefe 96.7 FM for Spanish commentary.
In conjunction with this news, MLS revealed the details for the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs which will begin on Nov. 20 and feature 18 clubs. MLS Cup will be played on Dec. 12.
NASHVILLE SC MATCH SCHEDULE THROUGH SEPT. 12:
Date Opponent Time Location
Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2020 FC Dallas 7:30 p.m. CT Toyota Stadium Frisco, Texas
Sunday, Aug. 16, 2020 FC Dallas 7:30 p.m. CT Toyota Stadium Frisco, Texas
Saturday, Aug. 22, 2020 Atlanta United FC 6 p.m. CT Mercedes Benz Stadium Atlanta, Ga.
Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2020 Orlando City SC 6:30 p.m. CT Exploria Stadium Orlando, Fla.
Sunday, Aug. 30, 2020 Inter Miami CF 7:30 p.m. CT Nissan Stadium Nashville, Tenn.
Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2020 Orlando City SC 7:30 p.m. CT Nissan Stadium Nashville, Tenn.
Sunday, Sept. 6, 2020 Inter Miami CF 7 p.m. CT Inter Miami CF Stadium Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Saturday, Sept. 12, 2020 Atlanta United FC 7:30 p.m. CT Nissan Stadium Nashville, Tenn.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 8, 2020
- Rapids Announce Upcoming Regular Season Scheduling, Beginning August 22 against RSL - Colorado Rapids
- Inaugural Season Continues with Home Debut on August 22 - Inter Miami CF
- Everything You Need to Know About Resuming the 2020 MLS Season - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville Soccer Club Unveils Return to Play Plans Through September 12 - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer Announces Continuation of Play in MLS Home Markets - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Continues 2020 Season - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy's First Six Matches of Continued Major League Soccer Season Announced - LA Galaxy
- MLS' 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August - D.C. United
- MLS Announces Schedule for Continuation of 25th Regular Season - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Continue Regular Season against Seattle Sounders FC at Providence Park on August 23 - Portland Timbers
- Chicago Fire FC to Continue 2020 MLS Regular Season at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Announce Schedule for Continuation of Play in Home Markets - Philadelphia Union
- Sporting Releases Schedule for Next Six Matches, Announces Reduced-Capacity Plan - Sporting Kansas City
- First six games of FC Cincinnati's continuation of the regular season unveiled - FC Cincinnati
- Revolution Announce Six Games as MLS Season Continues in Home Markets - New England Revolution
- Orlando City SC Announces Schedule for In-Market Continuation of Play - Orlando City SC
- Columbus Crew SC's 25th Regular Season to Continue as Major League Soccer Announces Plan to Return to Home Markets - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Regular Season to Continue in Local Markets in August - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York City FC Announces Continuation of Play with Phase 1 of 2020 MLS Regular Season - New York City FC
- MNUFC to Continue MLS Season in Local Markets - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Resumes MLS Play with Two Home Matches vs Nashville SC - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo Return to BBVA Stadium in MLS Play August 21 vs. FC Dallas - Houston Dynamo
- MLS' 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August - MLS
- Pizarro, Robles Excited for Continuation of MLS in South Florida - Inter Miami CF
- MLS' 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August - Philadelphia Union
- Major League Soccer Announces Schedule for 2020 Continuation of Play - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC and MLS Announce Continuation of 2020 Regular Season in Home Markets - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville SC Acquires Homegrown Winger Handwalla Bwana from Seattle Sounders FC
- Nashville SC Scores Three Goals, Beats FC Dallas at Nissan Stadium
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts FC Dallas in Nationally-Televised Battle
- Eight Minutes of Madness: Nashville SC's First-Half Scoring Burst Leads to Huge Win over Houston
- Doolsta's Back: Nashville SC's Pro FIFA Gamer to Return for Next Season