Inaugural Season Continues with Home Debut on August 22
Inter Miami CF will continue its inaugural Major League Soccer season at home beginning on Saturday, August 22, when Inter Miami CF Stadium hosts its first MLS match between the Club and Orlando City SC. The return to play in home markets of MLS's 25th season will feature comprehensive health and safety protocols, including regular testing of players, coaches and essential staff for COVID-19.
Inter Miami will play home-and-away matches against regional, eastern conference opponents Atlanta United, Nashville SC and Orlando City SC from Aug. 22 to Sept. 12. Broadcast details for these six matches will be announced at a later date.
vs. Orlando City SC - Aug. 22 (8 p.m. ET)
vs. Atlanta United FC - Aug. 26 (8 p.m. ET)
@ Nashville SC - Aug. 30 (8:30 p.m. ET)
@ Atlanta United FC - Sept. 2 (7 p.m. ET)
vs. Nashville SC - Sept. 6 (8 p.m. ET)
@ Orlando City SC - Sept. 12 (7:30 p.m. ET)
The Club has not made a determination on opening the stadium to fans for this phase of the schedule. If a determination is made for fans to return to Inter Miami CF Stadium safely in 2020, all home games will be available via single-game ticket purchases only. Current Season Ticket Members and 2021 deposit holders will receive priority opportunities in advance of any public sale. Visit Inter Miami Season Ticket Central for more information.
MLS plans to announce the balance of the regular season schedule by early September as the league continues to work with infectious disease experts, league and club medical personnel, and government officials in all markets in charting a course for the completion of the 2020 season.
Each club will play 18 additional regular season games in a phased approach, culminating with Decision Day on Sunday, Nov. 8. In an expansion of the postseason for 2020, 18 clubs will compete in the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs -- up from 14 teams last year. MLS Cup will be played on Dec. 12.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 8, 2020
- Rapids Announce Upcoming Regular Season Scheduling, Beginning August 22 against RSL - Colorado Rapids
- Inaugural Season Continues with Home Debut on August 22 - Inter Miami CF
- Everything You Need to Know About Resuming the 2020 MLS Season - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville Soccer Club Unveils Return to Play Plans Through September 12 - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer Announces Continuation of Play in MLS Home Markets - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Continues 2020 Season - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy's First Six Matches of Continued Major League Soccer Season Announced - LA Galaxy
- MLS' 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August - D.C. United
- MLS Announces Schedule for Continuation of 25th Regular Season - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Continue Regular Season against Seattle Sounders FC at Providence Park on August 23 - Portland Timbers
- Chicago Fire FC to Continue 2020 MLS Regular Season at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Announce Schedule for Continuation of Play in Home Markets - Philadelphia Union
- Sporting Releases Schedule for Next Six Matches, Announces Reduced-Capacity Plan - Sporting Kansas City
- First six games of FC Cincinnati's continuation of the regular season unveiled - FC Cincinnati
- Revolution Announce Six Games as MLS Season Continues in Home Markets - New England Revolution
- Orlando City SC Announces Schedule for In-Market Continuation of Play - Orlando City SC
- Columbus Crew SC's 25th Regular Season to Continue as Major League Soccer Announces Plan to Return to Home Markets - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Regular Season to Continue in Local Markets in August - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York City FC Announces Continuation of Play with Phase 1 of 2020 MLS Regular Season - New York City FC
- MNUFC to Continue MLS Season in Local Markets - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Resumes MLS Play with Two Home Matches vs Nashville SC - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo Return to BBVA Stadium in MLS Play August 21 vs. FC Dallas - Houston Dynamo
- MLS' 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August - MLS
- Pizarro, Robles Excited for Continuation of MLS in South Florida - Inter Miami CF
- MLS' 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August - Philadelphia Union
- Major League Soccer Announces Schedule for 2020 Continuation of Play - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC and MLS Announce Continuation of 2020 Regular Season in Home Markets - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Inter Miami CF Will Open Stadium to Limited Number of Season Ticket Members on Saturday
- Inter Miami CF Falls to Montreal Impact on the Road
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Montreal Impact on Saturday
- International Duty: Pizarro Starts Twice for Mexico
- Inter Miami CF Draws Atlanta United FC 1-1