FC Dallas Resumes MLS Play with Two Home Matches vs Nashville SC
FRISCO, Texas - FC Dallas will host Nashville SC in a match presented by Toyota on Wednesday, August 12 at 7:30PM CT. The inaugural meeting against the expansion side will be Dallas' first competitive match since March 7. It is part of a two-game series between both teams as they look to return to league play following their withdrawal from the MLS is Back Tournament in July after a total of 19 players and one coach tested positive for COVID-19 while in Orlando, FL. FC Dallas also announced six additional matches as the league continues match play in local markets following the tournament.
MLS will announce the remainder of the 2020 regular season schedule in the next few weeks.
FC Dallas' second match against Nashville SC is Sunday, August 16 at 7:30PM CT in a match presented by WinStar World Casino and Resort. Both home matches will air on TXA21, FCDTV, TUDN 1270AM and FCDallas.com/Radio. A third match against Nashville will be announced at a later date.
MLS also announced an additional six matches for all 26 teams as play resumes in home markets. FC Dallas will face the Houston Dynamo in its first road game of the 2020 season on August 21 at 7PM CT. Dallas will also visit Sporting Kansas City on September 2 at 7:30PM CT and Minnesota United FC on September 9 at 7PM CT.
FC Dallas will host the Colorado Rapids in a match presented by CoServ on August 26 at 7:30PM CT, Minnesota United FC in a match presented by Chick-fil-A on August 29 at 7:30PM CT and the Houston Dynamo in a match presented by Toyota on September 14 at 7:30PM CT at Toyota Stadium.
Broadcast details for those six matches will be announced in the near future.
FC Dallas currently has a 1-0-1 record, following a 2-0 win against the Philadelphia Union in the season opener on Feb. 29 and a 2-2 draw against Montreal Impact on March 7.
PLAYER, COACH AND ESSENTIAL STAFF COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
FC Dallas players, coaches and essential staff are following strict health and safety measures while undergoing comprehensive, regular COVID-19 testing in conjunction with team, league and local COVID-19 medical advisers. All players, coaches and essential staff are tested every other day and have received detailed guidelines in effort to avoid the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19 while away from FC Dallas facilities.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 8, 2020
- Rapids Announce Upcoming Regular Season Scheduling, Beginning August 22 against RSL - Colorado Rapids
- Inaugural Season Continues with Home Debut on August 22 - Inter Miami CF
- Everything You Need to Know About Resuming the 2020 MLS Season - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville Soccer Club Unveils Return to Play Plans Through September 12 - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer Announces Continuation of Play in MLS Home Markets - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Continues 2020 Season - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy's First Six Matches of Continued Major League Soccer Season Announced - LA Galaxy
- MLS' 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August - D.C. United
- MLS Announces Schedule for Continuation of 25th Regular Season - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Continue Regular Season against Seattle Sounders FC at Providence Park on August 23 - Portland Timbers
- Chicago Fire FC to Continue 2020 MLS Regular Season at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Announce Schedule for Continuation of Play in Home Markets - Philadelphia Union
- Sporting Releases Schedule for Next Six Matches, Announces Reduced-Capacity Plan - Sporting Kansas City
- First six games of FC Cincinnati's continuation of the regular season unveiled - FC Cincinnati
- Revolution Announce Six Games as MLS Season Continues in Home Markets - New England Revolution
- Orlando City SC Announces Schedule for In-Market Continuation of Play - Orlando City SC
- Columbus Crew SC's 25th Regular Season to Continue as Major League Soccer Announces Plan to Return to Home Markets - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Regular Season to Continue in Local Markets in August - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York City FC Announces Continuation of Play with Phase 1 of 2020 MLS Regular Season - New York City FC
- MNUFC to Continue MLS Season in Local Markets - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Resumes MLS Play with Two Home Matches vs Nashville SC - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo Return to BBVA Stadium in MLS Play August 21 vs. FC Dallas - Houston Dynamo
- MLS' 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August - MLS
- Pizarro, Robles Excited for Continuation of MLS in South Florida - Inter Miami CF
- MLS' 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August - Philadelphia Union
- Major League Soccer Announces Schedule for 2020 Continuation of Play - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC and MLS Announce Continuation of 2020 Regular Season in Home Markets - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.