First six games of FC Cincinnati's continuation of the regular season unveiled
CINCINNATI - Major League Soccer today unveiled every club's first six matches of the continuation of the 2020 regular season in home markets, a slate that sees each team play three home games and three away games in just over three weeks.
In the club's final year at historic Nippert Stadium, FC Cincinnati have learned their three opponents for upcoming home matches, including another edition of the #HellisReal Derby. Similarly, FCC have also learned the three opponents that it will play at away venues.
Fans will not be permitted inside the premises for the first home match against D.C. United on Friday, Aug. 21. Additional information regarding the following home matches will be announced in the near future.
For the second year in a row, all FC Cincinnati matches not televised nationally will be carried regionally on WSTR Star 64 and on the radio on WDJO. Matches not televised nationally will be streamed at fccincinnati.com/stream throughout the club's designated regional broadcast territory.
The Schedule Make-Up
In the continuation of play in local markets, each club will start by playing three home games and three away games, all of which will be contested against conference opponents. Eastern Conference opponents will comprise the remainder of FC Cincinnati's schedule during the 2020 regular season.
FC Cincinnati will face a total of four Eastern Conference opponents in their first six matches following the MLS is Back Tournament. The Orange and Blue will play Columbus Crew SC and the Chicago Fire FC twice, once at Nippert Stadium and once away. In addition, FCC will play a home contest against D.C. United and a road match at New York City FC.
FCC will open their home schedule against D.C. United - the same opponent they were initially scheduled to play for the first match at Nippert Stadium on March 14. Last season, the Orange and Blue went 0-1-1 against D.C. United, and notably secured a point despite being down to nine men in FC Cincinnati's 2019 regular-season finale at Audi Field.
Following the match against D.C. United, FC Cincinnati will play the first of two matches against Chicago Fire FC. The first match will be played at Soldier Field on Tuesday, Aug. 25, while the follow-up contest will be held at Nippert Stadium on Tuesday, Sept. 1. FC Cincinnati went an unbeaten 1-0-1 against Chicago in the club's inaugural MLS season.
The Orange and Blue will play two editions of the #HellisReal Derby against in-state rival Columbus Crew SC. The first match will be contested at Nippert Stadium on Saturday, Aug. 29, with the second of two matches scheduled to be played at MAPFRE Stadium on Sunday, Sept. 6. The two sides already played this season as Crew SC defeated FC Cincinnati, 4-0, in the MLS is Back Tournament group stage on Saturday, July 11.
FCC will wrap up their six-game stretch with an away match at New York City FC. The Orange and Blue will seek to earn at least a point against NYCFC for the first time in the club's third-ever meeting.
2020 FC Cincinnati Continuation of Regular Season Schedule
Date Opponent (Nat'l TV) Location Kickoff
Friday, Aug. 21 vs. D.C. United Nippert Stadium (Cincinnati, Ohio) 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 25 at Chicago Fire FC Soldier Field (Chicago, Ill.) 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 29 Columbus Crew SC Nippert Stadium (Cincinnati, Ohio) 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 1 Chicago Fire FC Nippert Stadium (Cincinnati, Ohio) 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 6 at Columbus Crew SC MAPFRE Stadium (Columbus, Ohio 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 12 at New York City FC Venue TBD 7 p.m.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Additionally, fans are encouraged to download the team's official mobile app on the Apple App Store or Google Play for instant access to mobile tickets, team content and match notifications.
Information about seating options at the club's state-of-the-art West End Stadium - which will open in Spring 2021 - is now available at westendstadium.com. The priority deadline for premium seating deposits has passed, and deposits for traditional reserved seating will open later this year. For more information about 2021 season memberships, visit westendstadium.com or the stadium's social properties on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram at @WestEndStadium, or by calling the team's sales and service staff at 513-977-5425.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 8, 2020
- Rapids Announce Upcoming Regular Season Scheduling, Beginning August 22 against RSL - Colorado Rapids
- Inaugural Season Continues with Home Debut on August 22 - Inter Miami CF
- Everything You Need to Know About Resuming the 2020 MLS Season - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville Soccer Club Unveils Return to Play Plans Through September 12 - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer Announces Continuation of Play in MLS Home Markets - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Continues 2020 Season - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy's First Six Matches of Continued Major League Soccer Season Announced - LA Galaxy
- MLS' 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August - D.C. United
- MLS Announces Schedule for Continuation of 25th Regular Season - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Continue Regular Season against Seattle Sounders FC at Providence Park on August 23 - Portland Timbers
- Chicago Fire FC to Continue 2020 MLS Regular Season at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Announce Schedule for Continuation of Play in Home Markets - Philadelphia Union
- Sporting Releases Schedule for Next Six Matches, Announces Reduced-Capacity Plan - Sporting Kansas City
- First six games of FC Cincinnati's continuation of the regular season unveiled - FC Cincinnati
- Revolution Announce Six Games as MLS Season Continues in Home Markets - New England Revolution
- Orlando City SC Announces Schedule for In-Market Continuation of Play - Orlando City SC
- Columbus Crew SC's 25th Regular Season to Continue as Major League Soccer Announces Plan to Return to Home Markets - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Regular Season to Continue in Local Markets in August - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York City FC Announces Continuation of Play with Phase 1 of 2020 MLS Regular Season - New York City FC
- MNUFC to Continue MLS Season in Local Markets - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Resumes MLS Play with Two Home Matches vs Nashville SC - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo Return to BBVA Stadium in MLS Play August 21 vs. FC Dallas - Houston Dynamo
- MLS' 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August - MLS
- Pizarro, Robles Excited for Continuation of MLS in South Florida - Inter Miami CF
- MLS' 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August - Philadelphia Union
- Major League Soccer Announces Schedule for 2020 Continuation of Play - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC and MLS Announce Continuation of 2020 Regular Season in Home Markets - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 21, 2020
- Lion's Share Hospitality to bring Exciting Food and Beverage Options to FC Cincinnati Fans
- Medunjanin's late game-winner propels FCC in win
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 13, 2020
- Vazquez snaps FC Cincinnati's scoreless streak