Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Patrick Khodorenko
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers announced today that the team has agreed to terms with free agent forward Patrick Khodorenko on an entry-level contract. Khodorenko's contract begins in 2020-21, and he will join the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL) immediately on an Amateur Try-Out (ATO).
Khodorenko, 21, skated in 36 games with Michigan State University this season, registering 16 goals and 17 assists for 33 points, along with 20 penalty minutes. He led the Spartans in several categories in 2019-20, including goals, assists, points, and shots on goal (96). Khodorenko posted 11 multi-point games this season, including four multi-point games during his six-game point streak from Oct. 26 - Nov. 14. He also served as an alternate captain for Michigan State during the season.
The 6-0, 200-pounder skated in 143 career collegiate games over four seasons (2016-17 - 2019-20) with Michigan State, registering 54 goals and 66 assists for 120 points. Khodorenko was selected to the Big Ten Second All-Star Team in 2018-19, as he established collegiate career-highs in goals (18) and points (39). He did not miss a game throughout his four-season collegiate career, and he recorded at least 13 goals and 32 points in each of his final three seasons.
Internationally, the Walnut Creek, California native represented the United States at the 2014 World U17 Hockey Challenge. Khodorenko helped the United States earn a silver medal in the tournament, as he registered six points (one goal, five assists) in six contests.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 10, 2020
- Checkers Clamp Down Cleveland in 2-1 Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Comeback Halted in 2-1 Loss to Checkers - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Gains Momentum for Big Road Weekend - Hershey Bears
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Have Week of Keystone State Rivalry Games - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hartford Wolf Pack Community Foundation Issues Grant Funding - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Minnesota Reassigns Mayhew, Iowa Recalls McLain - Iowa Wild
- Dries, Kaut Reassigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 23 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Roadrunners Recall Howdeshell from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Host Wild and Condors to End Homestand - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Mike O'Leary - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat Continue Playoff Push Tuesday against San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Jets Assign Mark Letestu to the Manitoba Moose on a Conditioning Assignment - Manitoba Moose
- Hershey's March 20 Game at Lehigh Valley Added to TV Schedule - Hershey Bears
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Patrick Khodorenko - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Introduce Overhaul to Season Ticket Program - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game 57 Preview: San Diego at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Wolf Pack Stories
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Steven Fogarty Named Hartford Wolf Pack's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Alex Whelan
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Austin Rueschhoff
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Defenseman K'Andre Miller