Wolf Pack Sign Forward Mike O'Leary
HARTFORD: Hartford Wolf Pack general manager Chris Drury announced today that the Wolf Pack has signed forward Mike O'Leary to an AHL contract.
The 6-1, 200-pound O'Leary comes to the Wolf Pack from the University of Notre Dame, where he recently completed a four-year career. In 37 games this season with the Fighting Irish, O'Leary, a 22-year-old native of Halifax, Nova Scotia, scored nine goals and added 14 assists for 23 points, while serving 20 minutes in penalties. Those totals were good for third on the Notre Dame squad in both points and goals.
In 151 career games at Notre Dame, O'Leary amassed 20 goals and 37 assists for 57 points, along with 102 PIM. He helped lead the Fighting Irish to the NCAA Frozen Four twice (2016-17 and 2017-18), including an appearance in the championship final in 2018. O'Leary's pre-college experience included two seasons (2013-14 and 2014-15) of action at Salisbury School in Salisbury, CT.
MIKE O'LEARYS AMATEUR RECORD
Regular Season Playoffs
Year Team Lge. GP G A PTS PIM GP G A Pts. PIM
2016-17 U. Notre Dame H-East 37 2 2 4 40 --- --- --- --- ---
2017-18 U. Notre Dame Big-10 38 3 6 9 24 --- --- --- --- ---
2018-19 U. Notre Dame Big-10 39 6 15 21 18 --- --- --- --- ---
2019-20 U. Notre Dame Big-10 37 9 14 23 20 --- --- --- --- ---
The next action for the Wolf Pack is back on home ice at the XL Center tomorrow night, Wednesday, March 11, a 7:00 battle with the Providence Bruins. That is another chance to take advantage of the Wolf Pack's "Click It or Ticket Hat Trick Pack". The Hat Trick Pack includes two tickets, two sodas and one large popcorn, all for just $40.
Tickets for all 2019-20 Wolf Pack home games are on sale now at the Sunwave Gas & Power Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (860) 722-9425. Tickets purchased in advance for kids 12 or younger start at just $10 each, and all tickets will have a $3 day-of-game increase.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 10, 2020
- Checkers Clamp Down Cleveland in 2-1 Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Comeback Halted in 2-1 Loss to Checkers - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Gains Momentum for Big Road Weekend - Hershey Bears
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Have Week of Keystone State Rivalry Games - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hartford Wolf Pack Community Foundation Issues Grant Funding - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Minnesota Reassigns Mayhew, Iowa Recalls McLain - Iowa Wild
- Dries, Kaut Reassigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 23 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Roadrunners Recall Howdeshell from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Host Wild and Condors to End Homestand - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Mike O'Leary - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat Continue Playoff Push Tuesday against San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Jets Assign Mark Letestu to the Manitoba Moose on a Conditioning Assignment - Manitoba Moose
- Hershey's March 20 Game at Lehigh Valley Added to TV Schedule - Hershey Bears
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Patrick Khodorenko - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Introduce Overhaul to Season Ticket Program - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game 57 Preview: San Diego at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Wolf Pack Stories
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Steven Fogarty Named Hartford Wolf Pack's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Alex Whelan
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Austin Rueschhoff
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Defenseman K'Andre Miller