Rampage exchange weapons with SAPD's SWAT Team
The San Antonio Rampage and the San Antonio Police Department's SWAT Team swap weapons-hockey sticks and guns-as they trade spaces for two days next week.
On Monday, the SWAT Team will teach the Rampage how to shoot a gun correctly and take them through their obstacle course and tactical village to give the players a first-hand look at the special weapons and tactics.
The following day, the Rampage will teach San Antonio's finest how to protect the puck and serve precise shots when the Phoenix Coyotes affiliate teach the officers the basics of hockey at the team's practice facility-the Ice Center at Northwoods.
The events prelude the Rampage's Salute to the Badges Night on January 13 when they host the Grand Rapids Griffins at the SBC Center at 7 p.m. The team will honor both the men and women who put their lives on the line everyday for the greater San Antonio community by wearing specially designed jerseys that will be auctioned off to the public following the game. The proceeds from the auction will benefit the Alamo Area Fire and Police Memorial (AAFPM) wall.
The AAFPM is dedicated to building a wall in the memory of local servants that have given their lives for the greater San Antonio community. The wall will feature names of both full time and volunteer men and women from local firefighters and law enforcement who have died on duty. Last year the Rampage raised $15,975 to benefit the AAFPM. More information about the AAFPM can be found on their website at www.aafpm.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 6, 2006
- Rivermen fall in overtime 2-1 - Peoria Rivermen
- Five PPG in third for Grand Rapids - Houston Aeros
- Knights Snub Wolves, 3-1 - Abbotsford Heat
- Griffins defeat Aeros - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Danis Leads Dogs to Shootout Victory - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Sound Tigers Rally Past Hershey 4-3 In SO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Brent Kelly collects goal and assist in Phantoms loss - Adirondack Phantoms
- P-Bruins Defeat Monarchs 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Sound Tigers win wild one, downing Hershey in a shootout 4-3 - Hershey Bears
- Barons Sail Past Admirals, 4-1 - Cleveland Barons
- Streaking Bruins Continue Winning Ways Over Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Bears open four game road trip tonight in Bridgeport - Hershey Bears
- Bulldogs hold jersey auction - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Tukonen Earns Honors And The Bronze For Finland - Manchester Monarchs
- Atlanta Asks for Abid - Chicago Wolves
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Columbus Recalls Goertzen and Simon - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks Assign King to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage exchange weapons with SAPD's SWAT Team - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins "Stick With School" to start New Year - Grand Rapids Griffins
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- ECHL Goal Leader Joins River Rats - Albany River Rats
- Crunch Announce New York State Lottery Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Bulldogs game notes - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pock joins Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Barons Legends Among AHL Hall of Fame Inductees - Cleveland Barons
- Bulldogs to hold press conference - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Norfolk signs netminder to PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Homestand begins as Western Conference powers collide - Houston Aeros
- Campbell Back With The Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Smith named Bulldogs' captain - Hamilton Bulldogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - Season Review
- San Antonio Finishes 2017-18 Season with 4-3 Shootout Victory over Texas
- Rampage Drop 4-2 Decision to Stars in Final Home Game of the Season
- Rampage Goaltender Spencer Martin Recalled to Colorado Avalanche During Stanley Cup Playoffs
- San Antonio Suffers 6-2 Loss to Grand Rapids