Rampage Close out 2013-14 Season with 3-0 Loss to Abbotsford
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Rampage (30-37-3-6) wrapped up the 2013-14 season with a 3-0 loss to the Abbotsford Heat (42-25-5-3) in front of a crowd of 12,473 on Fan Appreciation Night at the AT&T Center.
Scott Clemmensen made 27-of-27 saves, but Max Reinhart tallied a goal and two assists to lead the Heat to the win.
Zachery Davies kicked off the scoring for Abbotsford, taking a cross-crease pass from Reinhart on the power play and slipping it past Clemmensen at 3:07. The Heat extended the lead to two goals as Emile Poirier buried a Reinhart pass to tally his first pro goal in his first pro game.
After a night in which all four goals were scored in the second period, the Rampage and the Heat were scoreless through the game's second frame.
Scott Clemmensen made an outstanding save on Hanowski speeding down the ice with no Rampage defensemen in sight to keep San Antonio in the game midway through the third period, but the Rampage were unable to get in an offensive rhythm.
The Heat took a 3-0 lead with eight minutes left in the game as Reinhart tallied his third point of the night, putting Hanowski's pass in the back of the net from the slot.
San Antonio finished 0-for-5 on the power play while the Heat tallied one goal on three opportunities with the man advantage.
The Rampage's ECHL affiliate, the Cincinnati Cyclones, face the Orlando Solar Bears in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals on Sunday, April 20 at 6 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 18, 2014
- Record Attendance on Fond Farewell Night - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins' Quest for Division Title Down to the Wire - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Barons Take on the Texas Stars in Western Conference Quarterfinals - Oklahoma City Barons
- Rampage Close out 2013-14 Season with 3-0 Loss to Abbotsford - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Hang on against Penguins to Clinch East Division Title - Binghamton Senators
- Playoff Hopes Sink with 5-3 Loss to Chicago - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Sweep Bears to Clinch Playoff Berth - Norfolk Admirals
- Heat Shut Out Rampage 3-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stars Announce Schedule for 2014 Western Conference - Texas Stars
- Admirals Stifle Bears in Road Finale - Hershey Bears
- Barons Clinch Playoff Berth with 4-3 OT Win over Iowa - Oklahoma City Barons
- Next Stop: the Playoffs - Manchester Monarchs
- Amerks Dispatch Crunch in Regular Season Home Finale - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Win to Pull Even with Grand Rapids in Midwest Division - Chicago Wolves
- Pens Drop 5-4 Decision in Binghamton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sound Tigers Defeat Phantoms in OT - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Barons Edge Wild 4-3 in OT - Iowa Wild
- Sharks Blanked 6-0 by IceCaps - Worcester Sharks
- LeNeveu Keeps Wolf Pack Hot with 2-1 Win over Springfield - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Top Griffins 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- P-Bruins Clinch Playoff Berth, Win over Monarchs, 2-1 OT - Providence Bruins
- IceCaps Take Care of Business Versus Sharks - St. John's IceCaps
- Syracuse Toppled by Rochester 5-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Win Streak Snapped in 2-1 Loss at Hartford - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals 2014-15 Home Opener Set for October 10 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Davies Repeats as Winner of Dan Snyder Award - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Release Narbonne from Try Out - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Texas Stars Center Travis Morin Named American Hockey League MVP - Texas Stars
- Texas's Travis Morin Voted 2013-14 American Hockey League MVP - AHL
- Gameday: Comets vs Toronto - Utica Comets
- Tye McGinn Returns, Other Transactions Completed - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.