Falcons Win Streak Snapped in 2-1 Loss at Hartford
Springfield, Mass. - The Springfield Falcons (47-22-1-5) were defeated by the Hartford Wolf Pack by the final score of 2-1 Friday night at the XL Center, ending the team's three game win streak.
Hartford's Oscar Lindberg notched the game-winning goal, breaking a 1-1 tie at 4:42 of the third period with a power-play tally from the slot. Wolf Pack rookie forward Danny Kristo scored the team's other goal, giving Hartford a 1-0 lead just 4:30 into the contest.
Carter Camper scored Springfield's only goal of the game, beating Wolf Pack netminder David LeNeveu with a wrist shot from just inside the right-wing circle at 0:58 of the third period. Camper's 12th goal of the season tied the game at 1-1. In 19 games with the Falcons, the Rocky River, Ohio native has registered 20 points (four goals, 16 assists).
Springfield's goal was assisted by Tim Erixon and Sean Collins. With the helper, Erixon extended his current point streak to 10 games, totaling 12 points (one goal, 11 assists) over that span. Collins has registered at least a point in four straight contests, amassing four points (two goals, two assists).
Mike McKenna made 18 saves on 20 shots between the posts for Springfield, falling to 22-9-1 this season.
LeNeveu stopped 37 of 28 shots faced for Hartford, earning his 12th victory of the season.
Springfield went 0-for-4 on the power play, while Hartford went 1-for-5.
With the loss, the Falcons' win streak was halted at three games. Despite Friday's defeat, Springfield has won eight of its last 10 games and 13 of its last 17.
The Falcons are back in action Saturday, April 19 at 5:00 p.m. when the team closes out the 2013-14 regular season with a road tilt against the Albany Devils at the Times Union Center.
The Falcons will host their first two home playoff games Friday, April 25 and Saturday, April 26 at the MassMutual Center. Both games will begin at 7:00 p.m., although an opponent has yet to be determined. Playoff plans are available by calling a Falcons sale representative at (413) 739-GOAL (4625), and single-game tickets are on sale now at the MassMutual Center box office and online at Ticketmaster.com. Support the Falcons throughout the 2014 Calder Cup Playoffs by wearing red, white and blue at all home games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 18, 2014
- Record Attendance on Fond Farewell Night - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins' Quest for Division Title Down to the Wire - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Barons Take on the Texas Stars in Western Conference Quarterfinals - Oklahoma City Barons
- Rampage Close out 2013-14 Season with 3-0 Loss to Abbotsford - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Hang on against Penguins to Clinch East Division Title - Binghamton Senators
- Playoff Hopes Sink with 5-3 Loss to Chicago - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Sweep Bears to Clinch Playoff Berth - Norfolk Admirals
- Heat Shut Out Rampage 3-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stars Announce Schedule for 2014 Western Conference - Texas Stars
- Admirals Stifle Bears in Road Finale - Hershey Bears
- Barons Clinch Playoff Berth with 4-3 OT Win over Iowa - Oklahoma City Barons
- Next Stop: the Playoffs - Manchester Monarchs
- Amerks Dispatch Crunch in Regular Season Home Finale - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Win to Pull Even with Grand Rapids in Midwest Division - Chicago Wolves
- Pens Drop 5-4 Decision in Binghamton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sound Tigers Defeat Phantoms in OT - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Barons Edge Wild 4-3 in OT - Iowa Wild
- Sharks Blanked 6-0 by IceCaps - Worcester Sharks
- LeNeveu Keeps Wolf Pack Hot with 2-1 Win over Springfield - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Top Griffins 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- P-Bruins Clinch Playoff Berth, Win over Monarchs, 2-1 OT - Providence Bruins
- IceCaps Take Care of Business Versus Sharks - St. John's IceCaps
- Syracuse Toppled by Rochester 5-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Win Streak Snapped in 2-1 Loss at Hartford - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals 2014-15 Home Opener Set for October 10 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Davies Repeats as Winner of Dan Snyder Award - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Release Narbonne from Try Out - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Texas Stars Center Travis Morin Named American Hockey League MVP - Texas Stars
- Texas's Travis Morin Voted 2013-14 American Hockey League MVP - AHL
- Gameday: Comets vs Toronto - Utica Comets
- Tye McGinn Returns, Other Transactions Completed - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.