Rafters Travel to La Crosse for Sunday Baseball Versus the Loggers
Wisconsin Rapids, Wis. - The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (12-6) are looking to return to their winning ways on Sunday in La Crosse, in game five of the season series between the Rafters and Loggers. The Rafters propelled themselves at the top of the Wisconsin-Illinois Pod standings early in the season but are just a game ahead of the Rockford Rivets entering Sunday's game.
The Rafters have the second-best ERA and offense in the league, outscoring their opponents by an average of 2.3 runs per game. The Loggers, second out of three teams in the WI-IL Pod West Division at 9-9, have won three straight games.
The Rafters start Spencer Arrighetti tonight for the first time in 2020. Arrighetti has been tough to hit against in 2020. Opponents have only three hits and three walks against Arrighetti, who has struck out 18 and not allowed a run so far in the 2020 season.
The Loggers will pitch Lucas Braun against the Rafters for the second time in 2020. The University of San Diego freshman has a 2.38 ERA in 11.1 innings pitched for La Crosse this year. On July 5th, the Rafters scored two runs off of Braun in four innings in a 6-2 win.
First pitch tonight from Copeland Park between the Rafters and Loggers is at 5:05pm. Coverage starts at 4:50pm on AM 1320 WFHR.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 19, 2020
- MacDaddies Late Rallies Secure Game One Win, Game Two Draw with Growlers - Kalamazoo Growlers
- MoonDogs Split Sunday Doubleheader with Stingers - Mankato MoonDogs
- Stingers Fall to Mankato in Game Two of Doubleheader - Willmar Stingers
- Ryan Walstad Slams Rafters to 8-3 Win - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Loggers Drop Final Game of Homestand, Lose to Rafters 8-3 - La Crosse Loggers
- Offense Powers Rox to Win over Rochester on Sunday - St. Cloud Rox
- Kindreich's Strong Start Not Enough in Loss - Rochester Honkers
- Pitching Propels Pit Spitters Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Green Bay Picks up First Shutout of Season - Green Bay Booyah
- Chucks Win 4-3 in Game Two of Doubleheader, Split Twin Bill against FDL - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Stingers Win Wild One over Mankato - Willmar Stingers
- Flickertails End Larks Winning Streak at Eight - Bismarck Larks
- Bobbers Take Kenosha Series Lead on 7-1 Win - Kenosha Kingfish
- Rafters Travel to La Crosse for Sunday Baseball Versus the Loggers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rivets Pound Booyah 13-4 to Extend Winning Streak to 3 - Rockford Rivets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.