Loggers Drop Final Game of Homestand, Lose to Rafters 8-3
LA CROSSE, Wis. - The La Crosse Loggers saw their three-game win streak come to an end with an 8-3 loss to the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters on Sunday evening at Copeland Park. The Loggers fall to 9-10, while the Rafters improve to 13-6.
Lucas Braun (San Diego) pitched well over 3.1 innings, striking out four, but the Rafters got to the Loggers bullpen in the fourth inning, highlighted by a grand slam off the bat of Ryan Walstad. Wisconsin Rapids then added individual runs in the fifth, sixth and seventh innings to take an 8-0 lead.
The Loggers were held to four hits on the day, recorded by Jacob Blas (Arizona), JT Thompson (Texas State), Jason Hodges (John A Logan) and Nathan Stevens (Johnson County CC). Blas and Thompson each had a RBI, as did Tanner O'Tremba (Arizona).
La Crosse and Wisconsin Rapids will face off once again on Monday, this time at Witter Field. First pitch is set for 6:35 pm in Wisconsin Rapids.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 19, 2020
- MacDaddies Late Rallies Secure Game One Win, Game Two Draw with Growlers - Kalamazoo Growlers
- MoonDogs Split Sunday Doubleheader with Stingers - Mankato MoonDogs
- Stingers Fall to Mankato in Game Two of Doubleheader - Willmar Stingers
- Ryan Walstad Slams Rafters to 8-3 Win - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Loggers Drop Final Game of Homestand, Lose to Rafters 8-3 - La Crosse Loggers
- Offense Powers Rox to Win over Rochester on Sunday - St. Cloud Rox
- Kindreich's Strong Start Not Enough in Loss - Rochester Honkers
- Pitching Propels Pit Spitters Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Green Bay Picks up First Shutout of Season - Green Bay Booyah
- Chucks Win 4-3 in Game Two of Doubleheader, Split Twin Bill against FDL - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Stingers Win Wild One over Mankato - Willmar Stingers
- Flickertails End Larks Winning Streak at Eight - Bismarck Larks
- Bobbers Take Kenosha Series Lead on 7-1 Win - Kenosha Kingfish
- Rafters Travel to La Crosse for Sunday Baseball Versus the Loggers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rivets Pound Booyah 13-4 to Extend Winning Streak to 3 - Rockford Rivets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.