Green Bay Picks up First Shutout of Season
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah enacted revenge on Rockford on Sunday afternoon as they throttled the Rivets, 12-0.
The middle part of the order got the job done for Green Bay throughout the entirety of the game. Nick Kreutzer in the five hole went 2-for-3 with his second home run of the year, and scored three runs on the day. Bo Majkowski finished his day by going 2-for-5, ripping a double into right field and also scoring three times on the afternoon. His Clemson teammate, Max Wagner went 2-for-4, driving in two runs, and also scored three times. In the eight spot, Ethan Payne blasted his second home run of the season over the right field wall, and finished the day 1-for-3.
On the mound, Jack Mahoney was dominant from the start, throwing first pitch strikes to the first seven batters he faced. Mahoney went five total innings, picking up his first win of the season while striking out five Rockford hitters. Eric Torres and Jacob Paulishak combined out of the bullpen for the last four innings of the game. Torres gave up just one hit, and Paulishak struck out three in his two innings of relief.
Green Bay improved to 9-10 overall on the season, sitting just two games back of Rockford for first place in the Wisconsin-Illinois East pod. Tomorrow, the Booyah send Harrison Cook to the mound for his third start of the year, looking to get back to .500 and split the series with Rockford. First pitch is set for 6:05pm, with pregame on WOCO 107.1 FM starting at 5:55.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 19, 2020
- MacDaddies Late Rallies Secure Game One Win, Game Two Draw with Growlers - Kalamazoo Growlers
- MoonDogs Split Sunday Doubleheader with Stingers - Mankato MoonDogs
- Stingers Fall to Mankato in Game Two of Doubleheader - Willmar Stingers
- Ryan Walstad Slams Rafters to 8-3 Win - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Loggers Drop Final Game of Homestand, Lose to Rafters 8-3 - La Crosse Loggers
- Offense Powers Rox to Win over Rochester on Sunday - St. Cloud Rox
- Kindreich's Strong Start Not Enough in Loss - Rochester Honkers
- Pitching Propels Pit Spitters Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Green Bay Picks up First Shutout of Season - Green Bay Booyah
- Chucks Win 4-3 in Game Two of Doubleheader, Split Twin Bill against FDL - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Stingers Win Wild One over Mankato - Willmar Stingers
- Flickertails End Larks Winning Streak at Eight - Bismarck Larks
- Bobbers Take Kenosha Series Lead on 7-1 Win - Kenosha Kingfish
- Rafters Travel to La Crosse for Sunday Baseball Versus the Loggers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rivets Pound Booyah 13-4 to Extend Winning Streak to 3 - Rockford Rivets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday & December 3rd Blowout Sale Info
- Booyah Announce 2021 Northwoods League Schedule
- Family Math...With a Focus on Fun and You
- Booyah Announce Rocky Bal-Booyah's Turkey Day Coloring Contest
- Booyah Announces Rocky Bal-Booyah's Turkey Day Coloring Contest