Bobbers Take Kenosha Series Lead on 7-1 Win
KENOSHA, Wis. - The K-Town Bobbers (3-2) defeated the Kenosha Kingfish (2-3) on Sunday afternoon at Simmons Field to take their first lead in the 2020 Kenosha Series.
K-Town opened the scoring in the first inning on an RBI single by James Shimashita (San Jose State) that scored Brett Harris (Gonzaga) to go up 1-0.
The Bobbers added to their lead in the fourth inning on an RBI fielder's choice by Jordan Schulefand (University of Richmond) and an RBI single by Walker Jenkins (Missouri State).
K-Town went up 4-0 in the fifth inning when Harris scored on a sacrifice fly by Drew Benefield (Dallas Baptist University).
In the sixth inning, Mitchell Buban (UW-Milwaukee) scored Kenosha's only run on an error by Bobbers shortstop Nick Gonzalez (USF) making the score 4-1.
Jenkins put the game out of reach in the seventh with a bases clearing 3 RBI double putting K-Town up 7-1.
Riley Wikel (MSOE) got the win for the Bobbers pitching 1.1 shutout innings.
Kai Murphy (Arizona State) took the loss for Kenosha in his first start. Murphy pitched 4.0 innings and allowed three runs on five hits.
Harris finished the game going 4-5 and scoring two runs while Shimashita went 3-4 with an RBI.
The 2020 Kenosha Series resumes on Thursday night at Simmons Field at 6:05 PM CT.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 19, 2020
- MacDaddies Late Rallies Secure Game One Win, Game Two Draw with Growlers - Kalamazoo Growlers
- MoonDogs Split Sunday Doubleheader with Stingers - Mankato MoonDogs
- Stingers Fall to Mankato in Game Two of Doubleheader - Willmar Stingers
- Ryan Walstad Slams Rafters to 8-3 Win - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Loggers Drop Final Game of Homestand, Lose to Rafters 8-3 - La Crosse Loggers
- Offense Powers Rox to Win over Rochester on Sunday - St. Cloud Rox
- Kindreich's Strong Start Not Enough in Loss - Rochester Honkers
- Pitching Propels Pit Spitters Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Green Bay Picks up First Shutout of Season - Green Bay Booyah
- Chucks Win 4-3 in Game Two of Doubleheader, Split Twin Bill against FDL - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Stingers Win Wild One over Mankato - Willmar Stingers
- Flickertails End Larks Winning Streak at Eight - Bismarck Larks
- Bobbers Take Kenosha Series Lead on 7-1 Win - Kenosha Kingfish
- Rafters Travel to La Crosse for Sunday Baseball Versus the Loggers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rivets Pound Booyah 13-4 to Extend Winning Streak to 3 - Rockford Rivets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kenosha Kingfish Stories
- Kingfish Close 2020 Kenosha Series with 8-5 WIn
- Kingfish Defeat Bobbers 18-0 in Record Setting Night
- Bobbers Stop Eight Game Skid with 8-3 Win over Kingfish
- Kingfish Win Eighth Straight to Tie Team Record Win Streak
- Kingfish Take 2020 Kenosha Series with 7th Straight Win