Pivetta, IronPigs beat Bisons
(Allentown, Pa) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (18-9) continued their winning ways against the Buffalo Bisons (10-16) as they won 7-2 on Friday night.
Buffalo scored two runs off Nick Pivetta (2-0) in the bottom of the first inning to take a 2-0 lead. Jonathan Davis scored on an RBI groundout from Cavan Biggio. Jordan Patterson scored on a sacrifice fly from Richard Urena.
Lehigh Valley tied the contest at 2-2 against Jacob Waguespack (2-3) in the top of the third inning. Dylan Cozens and Deivy Grullon both hit RBI singles that scored Malquin Canelo and Cozens. This RBI was the ninth straight game Grullon recorded. Grullon's RBI single set a new franchise record that was previously held by David Newhan. Newhan recorded an RBI in eight straight games from 5/27/09-6/4/09.
The IronPigs took a 3-2 lead in the top of the fourth inning. Damek Tomscha scored on a groundout by Shane Robinson. Canelo extended the IronPigs lead to 4-2 in the top of the sixth inning as he hit an RBI double off Zach Jackson to score Robinson. Grullon followed with an RBI single off Jackson to make it a 5-2 lead for the Pigs.
Damek Tomscha homered for the second-straight game as he hit a two-run blast off Jackson in the top of the seventh inning.
Tyler Gilbert pitched two scoreless innings in relief while Kyle Dohy pitched his first scoreless inning in triple-A.
The IronPigs and Bisons play at 1:05 p.m. on Saturday afternoon at Sahlen Field.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 3, 2019
- Kramer Keeps Tribe in Victory Lane with Five-RBI Night - Indianapolis Indians
- Pivetta, IronPigs beat Bisons - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Rivalry Continues as Columbus Clips Toledo - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Grounded by Pivetta, IPigs in 7-2 Defeat - Buffalo Bisons
- Stripers Offense Too Much for Bulls - Durham Bulls
- VanMeter Ties Franchise Record in 7-5 Loss - Louisville Bats
- Stripers Blast Past Durham, 11-3 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Fall Again in Norfolk, 10-2 - Charlotte Knights
- Syracuse Falls to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre in Series Opener, 9-1 - Syracuse Mets
- Green, Bats Lift RailRiders over .500 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Smeltzer Leads Wings to Win in Triple-A Debut - Rochester Red Wings
- Red Wings Late Burst Leads to Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Hens Home for An Epic Homestand: May 14-19 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (14-12) vs. Louisville Bats (11-17) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Interstate 81 Series Unveiled - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- They're Back: ZOOperstars at Fifth Third Field - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Lehigh Valley (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (11-17) at Indianapolis Indians (14-12) - Louisville Bats
- BB&T Ballpark to Host Team USA vs. Cuba Baseball Game on July 3rd - Charlotte Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.