Pirri's Fifth Career AHL Hat Trick Keeps IceHogs Offense Red Hot in 6-2 Win at Milwaukee
MILWAUKEE, WI - Forward Brandon Pirri netted his fifth career AHL hat trick and third with the Rockford IceHogs (13-11-1-1) in a 6-2 triumph over the Milwaukee Admirals (13-17-2-0) with an 6-2 victory at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena Saturday evening.
With his three-goal performance, Pirri is now just 11 goals away from tying Jeremy Morin (90) for the IceHogs' all-time goal scoring record. Forward Lukas Reichel added a goal and an assist and forwards Dylan McLaughlin and D.J. Busdeker each added two assists in the victory.
Pirri began the game scoring with the first two goals of the contest in the opening 3:02 of action. In just his second game of the season after a signing a professional tryout (PTO) with the IceHogs on Friday afternoon, he scored his first goal of the season 35 seconds in, snapping a shot past Admirals goalie Devin Cooley (L, 27 saves on 32 shots). Moments later, he added his second for a quick two-goal IceHogs advantage.
In the second period, the Admirals retaliated on the power play off the stick of Egor Afanasyev at 8:34 to close the gap. IceHogs forward Andrei Altybarmakian (12:44) and defenseman Wyatt Kalynuk (16:28) spun momentum right back around to give the IceHogs a 4-1 lead through 40 minutes of action.
Admirals forward Anthony Richard found space behind IceHogs goalie Collin Delia (33 saves on 35 shots) 4:53 into the third period to start the comeback effort, but Reichel quickly snuffed out that possibly with his team-leading 11th goal of the season at 9:58. With the Admirals net vacant for the extra attacker late in the contest, Pirri completed the hat trick at 17:45 to seal the victory.
Brandon Pirri Career AHL Hat Tricks
1/8/21 at Milwaukee
1/7/21 vs. Chicago
12/8/18 (with Chicago) at Rockford
1/5/18 (with Chicago) vs. Manitoba
11/23/11 vs. San Antonio
The IceHogs are back in action at BMO Harris Bank Center and started a season-long seven game homestand on Tuesday, Jan. 11 against the Iowa Wild at 7 p.m. on a $2 Taco Tuesday and a Winning Weekday! Enjoy $2 tacos and $5 craft beer and if the IceHogs win, YOU WIN! If the IceHogs grab the victory, every fan in attendance will receive a FREE ticket to the next IceHogs weekday game (Monday, Jan. 17)! Buy Tickets
Watch and listen to the action on the IceHogs Broadcast Network presented by BMO Harris Bank! Tune in from your favorite device, at home or on the road at IceHogs.com and on the IceHogs app! Fans can also watch every IceHogs home game and select road games this season on 23.3 Circle TV and every game on AHLTV and listen in on all of Mid-West Family's local stations including 104.9 The X, B103, 95.3 The Bull, and Rockford Greatest Hits 100.5 and featured on Rock River Current.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 9, 2022
- Depleted Abby Side Shutout by Condors - Abbotsford Canucks
- Roadrunners Drop Sunday Afternoon Rematch With Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Reach OT Again in Loss to Stockton - Ontario Reign
- Eagles Win Third Straight with 5-3 Victory over Roadrunners - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Reign Supreme Sunday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Bears Survive Penguins' Relentless Attack, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- 5 Things: Heat at Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Bears Win Weekend, Pounce on Penguins 3-2 on Sunday - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Wolves Rally Past Monsters in Historic Fashion - Chicago Wolves
- Monsters Come up Short in 4-3 Loss to Wolves - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Edge Islanders in a Shootout - Bridgeport Islanders
- Daccord Stymies Islanders in Shootout Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Taco Tuesday & Winning Weekday Are Back at the BMO this Tuesday - Rockford IceHogs
- Pirri's Fifth Career AHL Hat Trick Keeps IceHogs Offense Red Hot in 6-2 Win at Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Minnesota Reassigns Jones, Rau and Rossi to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Panthers Assign Chase Priskie and Matt Kiersted to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Morning Skate: Heat Battle Reign Sunday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Game #25: Colorado at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Chmelevski Notches Hat-Trick in Roy Sommer's 800th Win - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Hold onto Point in OT Setback - San Diego Gulls
- Sommer Reaches 800 Wins in the AHL - San Jose Barracuda
- Reign Rally over San Diego in OT - Ontario Reign
- Roadrunners Force Overtime Against Colorado Eagles, Fall 3-2 In Shootout - Tucson Roadrunners
- Henderson Defeated by San Jose, 6-3 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Late Score Lifts Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Colorado Storms Back for 3-2 Shootout Win in Tucson - Colorado Eagles
- Manitoba Buzzer Beater Spoils Anthony Louis Hat Trick - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- End of Season Garage Sale Returns June 4
- Rockford IceHogs 2022-23 Player Tracker
- IceHogs Season Comes to an End, Wolves Advance to Central Division Finals
- IceHogs Look to Keep Season Alive with Win over Wolves Tonight at the BMO
- IceHogs Outshot, Overpowered by Wolves