Pirates Sign Gongalsky
Portland, ME - The Portland Pirates of the American Hockey League announced today that they have signed Igor Gongalsky to an AHL Standard Player's Contract.
The 24 year-old from Kiev, Ukraine has appeared in 33 games for the Pirates this season collecting eight points on three goals and five assists with 62 penalty minutes. Prior to joining Portland, Gongalsky skated in seven games for the ECHL's Greenville Road Warriors registering three points on two goals and an assist with 16 penalty minutes. Gongalsky is currently in his fourth professional season following ECHL stints with the Fresno Falcons and Stockton Thunder along with a six-game AHL stint in 2008-09 with the San Antonio Rampage.
The Pirates will be back in action with two games at the Civic Center this weekend. Tomorrow (Saturday) at 7 p.m. the Bridgeport Sound Tigers come to town. Fans are encouraged to get to the game early as the first 2,000 through the gate will receive a Pirates Team Photo courtesy of Brown Fox Printing. Also, fans can receive two tickets to a future Pirates game by donating a non-perishable food item to the Good Shepherd Food Bank.
Sunday is a "Day of Hockey" presented by Irving Oil and supported by the Cumberland County Civic Center to benefit the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital at Maine Medical Center. The day-long event is presented by the Portland Pirates Foundation and Huskies Youth Hockey. It's also the first Sunday Family Five Pack game of the season, and fans can purchase five Main Deck Tickets, five Daily Scrolls, and five free Chuck-a-Pies for only $60 (valued at $100 if purchased individually). All NextGen Pirates Kid's Club Members receive free tickets to the game, and special activities for NextGen Pirates Kid's Club Members only. For more information, or to register a child as a NextGen Pirates Kid's Club Member for $29 visit the Portland Pirates website.
Tickets for both games, as well as each of the remaining Pirates home games, are on sale now by calling 207-775-3458, visiting the Cumberland County Civic Center Box Office or on-line at ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 4, 2011
- Heat bounce Barons - Abbotsford Heat
- Aeros win second consecutive game - Houston Aeros
- Griffins' Group Effort Outlasts Amerks, 5-4 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Fall To Stars In Overtime, 6-5 - San Antonio Rampage
- Dekanich Stars in Admirals' Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Can't Crack Dekanich In 3-1 Loss To Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Moose Finish Off Rivermen In 4-3 Shootout Win - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Fall to Houston, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- OM In OT - Manchester Monarchs
- Buffalo Sabres Recall Jhonas Enroth From Portland - Portland Pirates
- Monsters score 11-seconds into OT to earn the win - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Open March With 5-4 Loss To Griffins - Rochester Americans
- Sharks fall to Monarchs 3-2 in OT - Worcester Sharks
- Whitfield's two tallies lead Providence to 4-2 victory - Charlotte Checkers
- P-Bruins Put Charlotte in Check, Win 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Frazee Stands Tall But Devils Lose 1-0 - Albany Devils
- B's Recall Bartkowski From Providence On An Emergency Basis - Providence Bruins
- Admirals Shut out Devils 1-0 - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Greats to be Featured in Auction of AHL 75th Anniversary - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Pair of P-Bruins Goalies on the Move - Providence Bruins
- Wild Reassigns Ortmeyer to Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Aeros Recall Broda from Bakersfield, Sign Fritsch to PTO - Houston Aeros
- Griffins' Online Auction Enters Final Days - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens to Practice at First Arena on Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Hogs Sign Sarauer to PTO, Danis-Pepin Loaned to Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Plante Recalled by Edmonton; Petiot and Gerber Returned to Oklahoma City - Oklahoma City Barons
- Bourdon Loaned to Greenville - Adirondack Phantoms
- Atlanta Assigns Festerling to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- Gameday Preview - San Antonio at Texas - Texas Stars
- Pirates Sign Gongalsky - Portland Pirates
- Rampage Recall Nick Ross from Las Vegas - San Antonio Rampage
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Sunny D Display at Tops Friendly Markets - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Coyotes Recall MacLean from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Announce Details of "Herb" Philipson's Central New York High School Hockey All-Star Game - Syracuse Crunch
- Atlanta Returns Mannino to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- Bears Acquire Nolan Schaefer on Loan from Boston Bruins - Hershey Bears
- Labatt's Celebrity Bartending Series Continues Wednesday, March 9 at Dodester's - Syracuse Crunch
- Blues Recall Ian Cole; Assign Tyson Strachan - Peoria Rivermen
- Crunch Announce Details of Quickway 'Score with Yancey's Fancy' Promotion - Syracuse Crunch
- Americans Visit Van Andel Arena for Two - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.