'Pink the Rink' Details Announced
The Utica Comets announced today that the team is partnering with The Breast Care CenterÃÂ of The Regional Cancer Center at Faxton St. Luke's Healthcare for "Pink the Rink" Night on January 31st.
"The Regional Cancer Center is very grateful to partner with the Utica Comets to not only increase awareness of cancer, but to be the recipient of funds raised by the jersey auction," said Nancy Borden, MBA, RT(T), executive director of The Regional Cancer Center. "We are committed to providing our community with the highest level of quality cancer care in a healing environment. The funds raised from this event will help us do just that."
The evening's activities will include:
-The Comets players will adorn pink jerseys and pink socks.
-The jerseys will be auctioned off post-game with benefits going to The Breast Care Center.
-Every fan in attendance will receive a pink rally towel, courtesy of Mohawk Valley Association of Realtors.
-First 1,000 female fans will receive a pink carnation, courtesy of Clinton Florists and Empire Flower Supply.
-Steet Ponte Auto Group is running a "Round Up the Rink" campaign next to the Fan Zone.
Comets fans are asked to help the Comets "Pink the Rink", by wearing pink apparel to the game against the Syracuse Crunch on January 31st.
Faxton St. Luke's Healthcare (FSLH) offersÃÂ breast care services including digital mammography, minimally invasive breast biopsies, surgery, medical and radiation oncology services and support through our nurse navigator program. Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR), FSLH is proud to be the only Breast Imaging Center of Excellence in the Mohawk Valley and one of a few in the upstate region.
The Breast Care Center offers newly diagnosed breast cancer patients understandable, practical advice. A consultation includes techniques for post-operative drain care, a review of post-operative exercise, tips to reduce the risk of developing lymphedema and information on community support groups. The Center employs a nurse navigator as well as a nurse practitioner who are dedicated to providing patients and their families with seamless, coordinated care. They
follow women from the time of a breast cancer diagnosis, through treatment and into survivorship. For more information, visit www.faxtonstlukes.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2014
- Texas Slips by Iowa 4-3 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Kings Announce Trade - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Pink the Rink' Details Announced - Utica Comets
- Top 10 Moments Thus Far - Utica Comets
- Vey and Pearson Return to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Make Trio of Roster Moves - Springfield Falcons
- Minnesota Returns Gustafsson to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Lower Bowl Sold Out, Bulldogs Open Upper Bowl For Friday's Battle Of Ontario With Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Buffalo Sabres Recall Forward Phil Varone - Rochester Americans
- 2014-2015 Season Ticket Plans On-Sale this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Beck Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons to Visit, Present Check to Baystate - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Announce Reduced Parking Rates at AESC - Abbotsford Heat
- Pioneer Valley Credit Union to Sponsor 'Goals for Groceries' Campaign - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Marlies Fall 3-2 in Milwaukee - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Power Past Marlies 3-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.