Falcons Make Trio of Roster Moves
Springfield, Mass. - The Springfield Falcons announced Wednesday a trio of roster moves. Forward Cody Bass was recalled by the Columbus Blue Jackets, the team's NHL affiliate, while forward Jack Skille was returned on loan to Springfield. Also, the team released forward Ryley Grantham from his professional tryout agreement (PTO).
Bass returns to the Blue Jackets for the first time since the preseason, having played 26 games for the Falcons this season. Bass last played for Columbus in 2011-12, totaling one assist and 32 penalty minutes in 14 games. The 6-foot-1, 206-pound winger has also played 34 games for the Ottawa Senators from 2007-2011, recording two goals and two assists.
Skille rejoins the Falcons after playing 12 games with the Blue Jackets this season. The Madison, Wisconsin native has scored four goals and posted a +2 rating with Columbus this season, but hasn't played since December 31 due to injury. In six games with the Falcons this season, Skille has recorded three points (two goals, one assists) and a +1 rating.
In six games with the Falcons in 2013-14, Grantham totaled two assists, 19 penalty minutes and a +1 rating. The 6-foot-4, 210-pound forward signed a PTO with the club July 25.
The Falcons return to action on the road Friday, January 24 versus the Hartford Wolf Pack at the XL Center. The team is back at the MassMutual Center Saturday, January 25 to host the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at 7:00 p.m. and Sunday, January 26 to host the Portland Pirates at 3:00 p.m.
Fans are invited to the MassMutual Center in 2013-14 to watch the reigning Northeast Division-champion Falcons compete in their 20th anniversary season. Adult season-ticket packages start as low as $13 per game. To reserve your seats for the 2013-14 season, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625) or visit the team office inside the MassMutual Center from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Support the Falcons throughout the 2013-14 season by wearing red, white and blue at all the home games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2014
- Texas Slips by Iowa 4-3 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Kings Announce Trade - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Pink the Rink' Details Announced - Utica Comets
- Top 10 Moments Thus Far - Utica Comets
- Vey and Pearson Return to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Make Trio of Roster Moves - Springfield Falcons
- Minnesota Returns Gustafsson to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Lower Bowl Sold Out, Bulldogs Open Upper Bowl For Friday's Battle Of Ontario With Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Buffalo Sabres Recall Forward Phil Varone - Rochester Americans
- 2014-2015 Season Ticket Plans On-Sale this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Beck Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons to Visit, Present Check to Baystate - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Announce Reduced Parking Rates at AESC - Abbotsford Heat
- Pioneer Valley Credit Union to Sponsor 'Goals for Groceries' Campaign - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Marlies Fall 3-2 in Milwaukee - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Power Past Marlies 3-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.