Admirals Power Past Marlies 3-2
Milwaukee, WI--The Admirals posted three power-play goals, including two from Miikka Salomaki, as they snapped a three-game losing streak in a 3-2 win over the Toronto Marlies on Tuesday night at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
The Ads peppered the Marlies with 46 shots on goal, setting a new season-high, while Milwaukee netminder got back to his winning was by stopping 21 of 23 shots.
Salomaki got the Ads on the board at 8:26 of the first period with his ninth goal of the year. With Milwaukee on their second power-play of the game, forward Taylor Beck grabbed a loose puck on the far circle and fired a cross-ice pass to Bryan Rodney. Rodney looked like he would fire a one-timer, but instead passed it to Salomaki on the far post and he had an easy tap-in goal.
The Marlies tied it up exactly seven minutes into the second period when Wade MacLeod got the rebound of a Greg McKegg shot and beat Ads goalie Marek Mazanec.
The Salomaki-Beck combination would strike again to put the Admirals up 2-1 just 25 seconds into the third. With the Ads on another power-play, Beck grabbed a puck that was about to leave the zone and dished it back to Salomaki, who skated to the top of the right circle and let go a wrister that beat Toronto goalie Garret Sparks.
Colton Sissons would pump the Milwaukee lead to 3-1 when he pushed a puck that was loose in the slot past Sparks for the team's third power-play goal of the night.
MacLeod made it close for the Marlies, scoring with 91 second left in the game, but the Mazanec and the Admirals defense held tight the rest of the way.
The Ads are off until Friday when they host the Rockford IceHogs at 7:00 pm in FM106/Coors Light Country Music Night, which will feature a post-game concert from country music star Dierks Bentley.
Fans can order tickets by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000 or by logging on to the Admirals website at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com. Groups of ten or more receive a minimum of $2 off each ticket. For more information or to order group tickets fans should call (414) 227-0550. Don't forget to follow the Admirals on Twitter (@mkeadmirals) and on Facebook!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2014
- Texas Slips by Iowa 4-3 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Kings Announce Trade - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Pink the Rink' Details Announced - Utica Comets
- Top 10 Moments Thus Far - Utica Comets
- Vey and Pearson Return to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Make Trio of Roster Moves - Springfield Falcons
- Minnesota Returns Gustafsson to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Lower Bowl Sold Out, Bulldogs Open Upper Bowl For Friday's Battle Of Ontario With Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Buffalo Sabres Recall Forward Phil Varone - Rochester Americans
- 2014-2015 Season Ticket Plans On-Sale this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Beck Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons to Visit, Present Check to Baystate - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Announce Reduced Parking Rates at AESC - Abbotsford Heat
- Pioneer Valley Credit Union to Sponsor 'Goals for Groceries' Campaign - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Marlies Fall 3-2 in Milwaukee - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Power Past Marlies 3-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.