Lower Bowl Sold Out, Bulldogs Open Upper Bowl For Friday's Battle Of Ontario With Marlies
HAMILTON, ON - Hamilton Bulldogs President Stephen Ostaszewicz announced today the lower bowl of Copps Coliseum (8,819 capacity) has sold out for Friday's game against the Toronto Marlies. Ostaszewicz also announced the hockey club has opened the arena's upper bowl and that $20 advance tickets are on sale now.
It is with great pleasure that we announce today's sell out of the lower bowl for Friday's matchup with the Toronto Marlies", said Ostaszewicz. "The Marlies are a very strong draw for our hockey club and because of that we will be opening the upper bowl of Copps Coliseum on Friday to ensure that we can welcome as many guests as possible into the building."
Hamilton rock band Blacken'd Red will perform live in the Molson Canadian Hockey House, located on the main concourse of Copps Coliseum, from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. and during the first and second intermissions. Friday is also Y108 $3 Beer Night from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. (must be legal drinking age). Doors will open at 6:30 p.m.
Advance upper bowl tickets for Friday's contest, scheduled for 7:30 p.m., are $20 and available at the FirstOntario Credit Union Box Office at Copps Coliseum, any Ticketmaster location, online at www.ticketmaster.ca or through charge-by-phone at 1-866-DOGS-TIX (1-866-364-7849).
Upper bowl tickets can also be purchased for $24 at the FirstOntario Credit Union Box Office at Copps Coliseum on game day.
Friday's game, the ninth of twelve regular season contests between the Bulldogs and the Marlies in 2013-2014, marks the final game between the two teams at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton. The 19-16-0-4 Bulldogs, who are currently in second place in the North Division, are 4-4-0-0 versus the division-leading 23-12-2-2 Marlies this season. Hamilton has a two-game winning streak versus Toronto following a 2-1 overtime victory at Air Canada Centre on December 26th and a 4-2 triumph at Copps Coliseum on December 27th. The Bulldogs have an all-time record of 47-40-0-7-8 in 102 regular season games versus the Marlies.
Listen to all Bulldogs regular season and post-season games live on Hamilton's AM 900 CHML, on www.900chml.com or watch live on www.ahllive.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2014
- Texas Slips by Iowa 4-3 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Kings Announce Trade - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Pink the Rink' Details Announced - Utica Comets
- Top 10 Moments Thus Far - Utica Comets
- Vey and Pearson Return to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Make Trio of Roster Moves - Springfield Falcons
- Minnesota Returns Gustafsson to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Lower Bowl Sold Out, Bulldogs Open Upper Bowl For Friday's Battle Of Ontario With Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Buffalo Sabres Recall Forward Phil Varone - Rochester Americans
- 2014-2015 Season Ticket Plans On-Sale this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Beck Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons to Visit, Present Check to Baystate - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Announce Reduced Parking Rates at AESC - Abbotsford Heat
- Pioneer Valley Credit Union to Sponsor 'Goals for Groceries' Campaign - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Marlies Fall 3-2 in Milwaukee - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Power Past Marlies 3-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.