Falcons to Visit, Present Check to Baystate
Springfield, Mass. - Members of the Springfield Falcons, along with their wives and girlfriends, will visit Baystate Children's Hospital in Springfield Thursday, January 23 at 3:00 p.m. On behalf of the Springfield Falcons Charitable Foundation, the team will also present the hospital with a check for $1,000, raised through a holiday ornament sale held throughout the month of December.
"This was a special fundraiser for us, especially during the holidays," Sarah Pompea, President of the Springfield Falcons Charitable Foundation, said. "Orchestrated by the team and its families, the Falcons players autographed the ornaments and their wives and girlfriends sold them at home games, so it's fitting that we donate the proceeds to Baystate Children's Hospital."
The donation will benefit The Children's Miracle Network at Baystate Children's Hospital. Each year, donations help fund equipment, research, community outreach programs and facilities.
After the check presentation, the Falcons - represented by Andrew Joudrey, Darryl Boyce, Cody Bass, Dalton Smith, Will Weber and Spencer Machacek, along with a number of their wives and girlfriends - will tour the hospital, going room-to-room to visit patients. The players will then gather as a group and meet with children on the play deck.
"We are so grateful to receive this donation from the Springfield Falcons and their families," Jane Albert, Vice President of Development at Baystate Health and Executive Director of the Baystate Health Foundation, said. "The funds they raised will support the vast array of children's services available locally at Baystate Children's Hospital and further improve the quality of life for children in the surrounding communities. Their visit to our hospital will help put smiles on the faces of children who might not have otherwise been able to see one of their games."
As the only accredited children's hospital in the region, Baystate Children's Hospital provides a comprehensive range of children's primary care and sub-specialties, including diabetes, pulmonology, neurology, surgery, and cardiac services.
The Falcons return to action on the road Friday, January 24 versus the Hartford Wolf Pack at the XL Center. The team is back at the MassMutual Center Saturday, January 25 to host the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at 7:00 p.m.
Fans are invited to the MassMutual Center in 2013-14 to watch the reigning Northeast Division-champion Falcons compete in their 20th anniversary season. Adult season-ticket packages start as low as $13 per game. To reserve your seats for the 2013-14 season, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625) or visit the team office inside the MassMutual Center from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Support the Falcons throughout the 2013-14 season by wearing red, white and blue at all the home games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2014
- Texas Slips by Iowa 4-3 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Kings Announce Trade - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Pink the Rink' Details Announced - Utica Comets
- Top 10 Moments Thus Far - Utica Comets
- Vey and Pearson Return to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Make Trio of Roster Moves - Springfield Falcons
- Minnesota Returns Gustafsson to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Lower Bowl Sold Out, Bulldogs Open Upper Bowl For Friday's Battle Of Ontario With Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Buffalo Sabres Recall Forward Phil Varone - Rochester Americans
- 2014-2015 Season Ticket Plans On-Sale this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Beck Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons to Visit, Present Check to Baystate - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Announce Reduced Parking Rates at AESC - Abbotsford Heat
- Pioneer Valley Credit Union to Sponsor 'Goals for Groceries' Campaign - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Marlies Fall 3-2 in Milwaukee - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Power Past Marlies 3-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.