Heat Announce Reduced Parking Rates at AESC
Abbotsford, BC - The Abbotsford Heat announced today that the City of Abbotsford and the University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) have cut event parking rates at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre (AESC) on event days. Effective immediately, parking at UFV lots will be reduced from $10 to $5. Parking on College drive will also be $5 per event, on Gillis Road will be $3 per event, and parking on McKenzie Road will be $2 per event. Fans are encouraged to be the first to try out these new rates as the Heat take on the Utica Comets (AHL Affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks) this Friday and Saturday!
Market research conducted by UFV business students, on behalf of the Heat, found that the $10 per event parking fees were a significant deterrent to attending Heat games at the AESC. The City of Abbotsford and UFV worked with the Heat and Global Spectrum Facility Management to reduce the cost of parking for all AESC events on a one-year trial basis.
Abbotsford Heat President Ryan Walter said, "We are very thankful to our partners at the City of Abbotsford and our friends at UFV for helping reduce the cost of attending Heat games at the AESC. Many of our fans have shared their concerns with us that purchasing a $14.50 Heat ticket and then having to pay $10.00 to park does not make sense to them. We are listening to our fans, and all of us at the Heat are pleased that our partners have made this reduction in the price of parking a reality."
All fans who have pre-purchased parking for the season at the $6 rate will be refunded the $1 difference for the remaining regular season games in the coming weeks. Please contact the Heat office with any questions.
The Heat have returned home from a six game road trip to host the Utica Comets on Friday January 24th and Saturday January 25th. The Heat will then host the Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens) on Friday January 31st and Saturday February 1st. For tickets and information, please call 1-877-452-4328 or go to abbotsfordheat.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2014
- Texas Slips by Iowa 4-3 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Kings Announce Trade - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Pink the Rink' Details Announced - Utica Comets
- Top 10 Moments Thus Far - Utica Comets
- Vey and Pearson Return to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Make Trio of Roster Moves - Springfield Falcons
- Minnesota Returns Gustafsson to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Lower Bowl Sold Out, Bulldogs Open Upper Bowl For Friday's Battle Of Ontario With Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Buffalo Sabres Recall Forward Phil Varone - Rochester Americans
- 2014-2015 Season Ticket Plans On-Sale this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Beck Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons to Visit, Present Check to Baystate - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Announce Reduced Parking Rates at AESC - Abbotsford Heat
- Pioneer Valley Credit Union to Sponsor 'Goals for Groceries' Campaign - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Marlies Fall 3-2 in Milwaukee - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Power Past Marlies 3-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.