Kings Announce Trade
LOS ANGELES, CA - The Los Angeles Kings, the parent club of the Manchester Monarchs, have acquired forward Andrew Crescenzi from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for forward Brandon Kozun, Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi announced today. Crescenzi will report to the Monarchs.
Kozun was originally drafted by the Kings in the sixth-round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He has seen action with the Monarchs in each of the past four seasons, including 43 games with that club this year (10-1929). Kozun is on the Monarchs all-time leaders lists for the following categories: games played (10th, 263 games), goals (second, 79 goals), assists (fourth, 100 assists), points (tied for second, 179 points), power play goals (third, 25 power play goals), game-winning goals (first, 18 game-winning goals), and shots (eighth, 543 shots).
Crescenzi, 20, has two points (1-12) and 33 penalty minutes in 32 games this season with the Maple Leafs' AHL affiliate the Toronto Marlies. Crescenzi has played parts of the last three seasons with the Marlies, turning pro in 2010-11. The native of Thornhill, Ontario was signed by the Maple Leafs as a free agent on Sept. 24, 2010.
The Monarchs will take on the Worcester Sharks at 7:00 p.m. at Verizon Wireless Arena on Friday, January 24. Catch all of the play-by-play action of Monarchs hockey with Ken Cail on Monarchs Radio Network WGIR AM 610, WGIRAM.com, and at manchestermonarchs.com presented by Manchester-Boston Regional Airport.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2014
- Texas Slips by Iowa 4-3 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Kings Announce Trade - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Pink the Rink' Details Announced - Utica Comets
- Top 10 Moments Thus Far - Utica Comets
- Vey and Pearson Return to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Make Trio of Roster Moves - Springfield Falcons
- Minnesota Returns Gustafsson to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Lower Bowl Sold Out, Bulldogs Open Upper Bowl For Friday's Battle Of Ontario With Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Buffalo Sabres Recall Forward Phil Varone - Rochester Americans
- 2014-2015 Season Ticket Plans On-Sale this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Beck Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons to Visit, Present Check to Baystate - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Announce Reduced Parking Rates at AESC - Abbotsford Heat
- Pioneer Valley Credit Union to Sponsor 'Goals for Groceries' Campaign - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Marlies Fall 3-2 in Milwaukee - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Power Past Marlies 3-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.