Fri., Jan. 17 - Penguins 1 at PROVIDENCE 5
The Bruins made it three straight regular season wins in the all-time series versus the Penguins with a 5-1 victory at Dunkin' Donuts Center. Justin Florek, Alexander Khokhlachev and Zach Trotman each had a goal and assist for Providence. Harry Zolnierczyk notched the lone tally for the Penguins.
Sat., Jan. 18 - Penguins 4 at PORTLAND 2
Philip Samuelsson figured in all the scoring for W-B/Scranton, collecting three assists and the game-winning goal in 4-2 triumph over Portland. Defenseman Simon Despres also netted two goals in the contest.
Sun., Jan. 19 - Penguins 5 at PROVIDENCE 1
W-B/Scranton found the back of the net three times in the first period and flipped the script from Friday night with a 5-1 win of its own against Providence. Eric Hartzell made 33 saves to win his third consecutive start.
The Week Ahead
Fri., Jan. 24 and Sat., Jan. 25 - Penguins at NORFOLK
In their last 12 contests, the Admirals have only lost in regulation twice (8-2-0-2). Norfolk (21-13-1-6) is in third place in the East Division, three points behind W-B/Scranton. The Admirals have won the two previous meetings this season versus the Penguins, allowing just two goals.
Sat., Jan. 26- Penguins at HERSHEY
Brandon Segal has helped Hershey to a 6-2-1 record in the month of January with 16 points (9g-7a) in the first nine games of 2014. The Bears (19-14-3-3) have yet to lose at home in the new year (5-0-0-0). The Penguins are 5-0-1-1 this season against Hershey with a road record of 1-0-1-1.
- Philip Samuelsson was named CCM/AHL Player of the Week as he compiled five points (1g-4a) and a plus-6 rating over three games last weekend.
- Samuelsson set a career high with four points (1g-3a) on Saturday versus Portland and now has three-multi point games in his last six matches.
- Simon Despres has potted three goals in his last two games. - Samuelsson and Despres combined to go plus-12 in three contests over the weekend.
- Eric Hartzell has allowed four goals on 87 shots in winning his last three starts.
Jan. 16 ADD D Simon Despres Returned from PIT
Jan. 16 ADD RW P-L Letourneau-Leblond Returned from PIT
Jan. 16 ADD C Nick Drazenovic Returned from PIT
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2014
- Texas Slips by Iowa 4-3 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Kings Announce Trade - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Pink the Rink' Details Announced - Utica Comets
- Top 10 Moments Thus Far - Utica Comets
- Vey and Pearson Return to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Make Trio of Roster Moves - Springfield Falcons
- Minnesota Returns Gustafsson to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Lower Bowl Sold Out, Bulldogs Open Upper Bowl For Friday's Battle Of Ontario With Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Buffalo Sabres Recall Forward Phil Varone - Rochester Americans
- 2014-2015 Season Ticket Plans On-Sale this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Beck Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons to Visit, Present Check to Baystate - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Announce Reduced Parking Rates at AESC - Abbotsford Heat
- Pioneer Valley Credit Union to Sponsor 'Goals for Groceries' Campaign - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Marlies Fall 3-2 in Milwaukee - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Power Past Marlies 3-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Sign Goaltender Shane Starrett
- Forrest Named Head Coach, Karmanos Named GM of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Mike Vellucci, Todd Reirden Hired as Assistant Coaches by Pittsburgh
- Penguins Sign Felix Robert and Luke Stevens
- Pittsburgh's Postseason Roster Features 19 Alumni of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton