Fri., Jan. 17 - Penguins 1 at PROVIDENCE 5
The Bruins made it three straight regular season wins in the all-time series versus the Penguins with a 5-1 victory at Dunkin' Donuts Center. Justin Florek, Alexander Khokhlachev and Zach Trotman each had a goal and assist for Providence. Harry Zolnierczyk notched the lone tally for the Penguins.
Sat., Jan. 18 - Penguins 4 at PORTLAND 2
Philip Samuelsson figured in all the scoring for W-B/Scranton, collecting three assists and the game-winning goal in 4-2 triumph over Portland. Defenseman Simon Despres also netted two goals in the contest.
Sun., Jan. 19 - Penguins 5 at PROVIDENCE 1
W-B/Scranton found the back of the net three times in the first period and flipped the script from Friday night with a 5-1 win of its own against Providence. Eric Hartzell made 33 saves to win his third consecutive start.
The Week Ahead
Fri., Jan. 24 and Sat., Jan. 25 - Penguins at NORFOLK
In their last 12 contests, the Admirals have only lost in regulation twice (8-2-0-2). Norfolk (21-13-1-6) is in third place in the East Division, three points behind W-B/Scranton. The Admirals have won the two previous meetings this season versus the Penguins, allowing just two goals.
Sat., Jan. 26- Penguins at HERSHEY
Brandon Segal has helped Hershey to a 6-2-1 record in the month of January with 16 points (9g-7a) in the first nine games of 2014. The Bears (19-14-3-3) have yet to lose at home in the new year (5-0-0-0). The Penguins are 5-0-1-1 this season against Hershey with a road record of 1-0-1-1.
- Philip Samuelsson was named CCM/AHL Player of the Week as he compiled five points (1g-4a) and a plus-6 rating over three games last weekend.
- Samuelsson set a career high with four points (1g-3a) on Saturday versus Portland and now has three-multi point games in his last six matches.
- Simon Despres has potted three goals in his last two games. - Samuelsson and Despres combined to go plus-12 in three contests over the weekend.
- Eric Hartzell has allowed four goals on 87 shots in winning his last three starts.
Jan. 16 ADD D Simon Despres Returned from PIT
Jan. 16 ADD RW P-L Letourneau-Leblond Returned from PIT
Jan. 16 ADD C Nick Drazenovic Returned from PIT
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2014
- Texas Slips by Iowa 4-3 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Kings Announce Trade - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Pink the Rink' Details Announced - Utica Comets
- Top 10 Moments Thus Far - Utica Comets
- Vey and Pearson Return to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Make Trio of Roster Moves - Springfield Falcons
- Minnesota Returns Gustafsson to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Lower Bowl Sold Out, Bulldogs Open Upper Bowl For Friday's Battle Of Ontario With Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Buffalo Sabres Recall Forward Phil Varone - Rochester Americans
- 2014-2015 Season Ticket Plans On-Sale this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Beck Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons to Visit, Present Check to Baystate - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Announce Reduced Parking Rates at AESC - Abbotsford Heat
- Pioneer Valley Credit Union to Sponsor 'Goals for Groceries' Campaign - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Marlies Fall 3-2 in Milwaukee - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Power Past Marlies 3-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.