Minnesota Returns Gustafsson to Iowa
Des Moines, IA - Minnesota Wild General Manager Chuck Fletcher announced on Wednesday the National Hockey League (NHL) club has reassigned goaltender Johan Gustafsson (pronounced JOE-hahn, GUHS-tahf-suhn) to the Iowa Wild, Minnesota's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate.
Gustafsson, 21 (2/28/92), is 7-7-1 with a 2.75 goals-against average (GAA), a .910 save percentage (SV%) and one shutout in 16 games with Iowa this season. He has been recalled by Minnesota five times this season and has not appeared in an NHL game.
Iowa will play three straight games on the road, all in the Lone Star State. The Wild visits the Texas Stars on Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 7:30 p.m. The team also plays a pair of games at San Antonio prior to returning home on Friday, Jan. 31 for a 7:05 p.m. game with the Milwaukee Admirals. Friday's game on Jan. 31 against Milwaukee marks Military Appreciation Night, presented by the Marines. The game will feature various in-game elements to honor those who serve our country. The first 2,500 fans to the game receive a Wild camouflage hat, compliments of 92.5 KJJY. The game is also a $2 Beer Night, where fans may purchase $2, ten-ounce domestic drafts through the first period of play, presented by 100.3 The Bus. After the game, fans are invited to bring skates for a Postgame skate opportunity on the Wells Fargo Arena ice.
Fans may purchase single game tickets multiple ways, either through the team's website - www.Iowawild.com, Wells Fargo Arena box office or Dahl's Ticketing. Tickets are available online at www.iowawild.com under the single game tickets tab. Fans may also purchase tickets by calling 1-866-55-DAHLS (32457) or by visiting one of 13 Dahl's Food Stores locations in the greater Des Moines area, and in Ames. In order to purchase group tickets (10 or more), please call the Iowa Wild ticketing department at 515-564-8700. Fans interested in buying full season, or smaller season packages may call the Iowa Wild front office at 515-564-8700.
The Iowa Wild regular season is presented by Mercy Medical Center. Season tickets to see the Wild play at Wells Fargo Arena start at just $9 per game. For more information on tickets, please contact the Wild ticket office by calling 515-564-8700 or go to www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2014
- Texas Slips by Iowa 4-3 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Kings Announce Trade - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Pink the Rink' Details Announced - Utica Comets
- Top 10 Moments Thus Far - Utica Comets
- Vey and Pearson Return to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Make Trio of Roster Moves - Springfield Falcons
- Minnesota Returns Gustafsson to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Lower Bowl Sold Out, Bulldogs Open Upper Bowl For Friday's Battle Of Ontario With Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Buffalo Sabres Recall Forward Phil Varone - Rochester Americans
- 2014-2015 Season Ticket Plans On-Sale this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Beck Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons to Visit, Present Check to Baystate - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Announce Reduced Parking Rates at AESC - Abbotsford Heat
- Pioneer Valley Credit Union to Sponsor 'Goals for Groceries' Campaign - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Marlies Fall 3-2 in Milwaukee - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Power Past Marlies 3-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wild Stories
- Minnesota Wild Re-Signs Defenseman Louie Belpedio to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract
- Iowa Wild Announces 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Iowa Wild Signs Three to AHL Contracts
- Iowa Wild Announces Schedule Change
- Iowa Wild, Manitoba Moose Announce Preseason Games at Ralph Engelstad Arena at University of North Dakota