Pigs drop finale in Buffalo
(Allentown, Pa) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (19-10) fell short in the finale up in Buffalo on Sunday afternoon as the Bisons (11-17) won 3-2.
Jonathan Davis hit a lead-off home run in the bottom of the first inning off Drew Anderson (0-2) to give the Bisons a 1-0 lead.
Richard Urena tacked on another run for the Bisons off Anderson in the inning as he hit a sacrifice fly that scored Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
Anderson struggled as he allowed two runs off three hits in 4 2/3 innings before Tom Windle entered the game to get the final out in the bottom of the fifth inning. Tayler Saucedo (2-0) pitched five shutout innings in his third start of the season for Buffalo.
Andrew Romine hit an RBI single off Jordan Romano in the top of the sixth inning to score Shane Robinson and cut Buffalo's lead to 2-1. The Bisons got the run back in the bottom of the sixth as Reese McGuire hit an RBI single off Windle to score Cavan Biggio.
Damek Tomscha homered off Romano in the top of the seventh inning to trim Buffalo's lead to 3-2. It was the third home run he hit in four games. Josh Martin logged 1 1/3 innings in relief without allowing a run. Seth McGarry pitched a scoreless bottom of the eighth inning.
Justin Shafer recorded his second save of the season by recording the final out in the top of the ninth inning.
The IronPigs return to action on Tuesday at Coca-Cola Park against the Durham Bulls. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.www.ironpigsbaseball.com
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 5, 2019
- Bulls Spoil Wilson's Homecoming, Defeat Stripers 6-2 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bulls Ride Rain Delay, Home Runs to Victory - Durham Bulls
- Saucedo's Gem Gives Bisons 3-2 Win - Buffalo Bisons
- Tribe Bats Falter in Series Finale - Indianapolis Indians
- Gomez Homers for Second Straight Day, But Mets Lose to RailRiders, 14-3 - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders Blow past Syracuse - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mud Hens Split Series with Sunday Win - Toledo Mud Hens
- Pigs drop finale in Buffalo - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights and Tides Suspended on Sunday from Norfolk, VA - Charlotte Knights
- Bats Crush Indians in Road Trip Finale, 8-0 - Louisville Bats
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (12-18) at Indianapolis Indians (15-13) - Louisville Bats
- DuRapau Named Indians April Player of the Month - Indianapolis Indians
- Dark Side Hands Tribe 6-3 Defeat - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (15-13) vs. Louisville Bats (12-18) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Wings, PawSox Postponed Sunday - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Lehigh Valley (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Wings Erase 6-Run Deficit, Beat Pawtucket 10-8 - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.