Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union announced today that the club has acquired up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC in exchange for two selections in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft (picks number 46 and 73) and the Union's natural first round pick in the 2022 MLS SuperDraft.
"Our philosophy is, and continues to be, focused on our academy pipeline as a source for cultivating young talent for our first team," said Ernst Tanner, Union Sporting Director. "As we see two homegrown players continue on to European leagues and ten total homegrowns on our 2021 roster, we've proven that our model and allocation of resources works."
Specifics of the trade are as follows: in exchange for the draft choices, the Union receive a guaranteed $50,000 in 2021 General Allocation Money and an extra $175,000 in conditional General Allocation Money pending certain performance metrics being met by players chosen by Nashville in the SuperDraft.
TRANSACTION: Philadelphia Union receive up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC in exchange for two selections in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft (picks 46 and 73) and the Union's natural first round pick in the 2022 MLS SuperDraft on January 19, 2021.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 19, 2021
- New York Red Bulls Trade Tim Parker to Houston Dynamo FC - New York Red Bulls
- Houston Dynamo FC Acquire Defender Tim Parker from New York Red Bulls - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy Defender Julian Araujo Added to U-23 USMNT January Camp Roster - LA Galaxy
- U.S Men's National Team to Open 2021 against Trinidad & Tobago on January 31 at Exploria Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF Set for 2021 MLS SuperDraft on Thursday - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Signs Machop Chol as Homegrown Player - Atlanta United FC
- 91.9 Sports Becomes the New French Radio Broadcaster for CF Montreal - Club de Foot Montreal
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Adam Saldana - LA Galaxy
- New England Revolution Re-Sign Goalkeeper Matt Turner - New England Revolution
- MLS Adds Ethan Bartlow, Bret Halsey as Generation adidas Signings - MLS
- Nashville SC Acquires 2021 and 2022 SuperDraft Selections from Philadelphia Union - Nashville SC
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Complete Transfer of Chilean International Forward Felipe Mora from Pumas UNAM - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Hires Paul McDonough as Vice President of Soccer Operations - Atlanta United FC
- New York Red Bulls Sign Colombian Youth International Center Back Andres Reyes - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Teams up with Epic Games to Bring Soccer to Fortnite - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Add MartÃÂn Vasquez to Coaching Staff - Houston Dynamo
- Atlanta United Teams up with Epic Games to Bring Soccer to Fortnite - Atlanta United FC
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Army-Navy Cup IX and X Returns to Subaru Park in 2021
- Round of 16 Schedule Announced for 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Round
- Philadelphia Union Unveil New 2021 Secondary Kit
- Philadelphia Union Sign Midfielder Jose Martinez to New Contract
- Philadelphia Union Acquire $50,000 in Allocation Money from LAFC