Atlanta United Teams up with Epic Games to Bring Soccer to Fortnite
ATLANTA - Atlanta United is teaming up with Epic Games to celebrate global soccer in the game Fortnite, as the Five Stripes are one of only 23 clubs in the world to be featured in this unique collaboration. Starting Jan. 23, players can choose from 10 different variants of new "Kickoff Set" skins to represent their favorite club in-game.
"This is an exciting opportunity to expand the Atlanta United brand and reach a young, tech savvy audience," said Vice President of Business Operations Catie Griggs. "It's a testament to our club and our brand that we were one of only 23 teams across the globe selected for this opportunity. This gives our fans another way to show off their Five Stripes pride."
Each skin can be swapped to any of the 23 football clubs participating, including Atlanta United, Inter Milan, Juventus, Manchester City and more from around the globe. Additionally, players will be able to earn or purchase two new emotes, including a "Fancy Footwork" dribbling emote and the iconic "Pelé's Air Punch" celebration.
Fortnite players and footballers around the world can jump into the game on Jan. 20 for the opportunity to earn rewards even earlier by participating in the Pelé Cup. Anyone playing the game can also visit the Creative Hub for an immersive football experience throughout the week, and join select clubs around the world in hosted Fortnite tournaments.
"Soccer is consistently one of the top sports that our players tell us they want to see and experience in Fortnite," said Nate Nanzer, Head of Global Partnerships at Epic Games. "We're excited to team up with Atlanta United to bring 'the beautiful game' to Fortnite fans around the world as they face off in competitive tournaments, experience new creative modes of gameplay, and celebrate global football."
Atlanta United will host a Fortnite tournament on Jan. 21st at 5 p.m. for Five Stripes fans to earn a chance to win the ATLUTD skins two days prior to store launch. The soccer skins will be available for purchase from Jan. 23-30.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 19, 2021
- New York Red Bulls Trade Tim Parker to Houston Dynamo FC - New York Red Bulls
- Houston Dynamo FC Acquire Defender Tim Parker from New York Red Bulls - Houston Dynamo FC
- LA Galaxy Defender Julian Araujo Added to U-23 USMNT January Camp Roster - LA Galaxy
- U.S Men's National Team to Open 2021 against Trinidad & Tobago on January 31 at Exploria Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF Set for 2021 MLS SuperDraft on Thursday - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Signs Machop Chol as Homegrown Player - Atlanta United FC
- 91.9 Sports Becomes the New French Radio Broadcaster for CF Montreal - Club de Foot Montreal
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Adam Saldana - LA Galaxy
- New England Revolution Re-Sign Goalkeeper Matt Turner - New England Revolution
- MLS Adds Ethan Bartlow, Bret Halsey as Generation adidas Signings - MLS
- Nashville SC Acquires 2021 and 2022 SuperDraft Selections from Philadelphia Union - Nashville SC
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Complete Transfer of Chilean International Forward Felipe Mora from Pumas UNAM - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Hires Paul McDonough as Vice President of Soccer Operations - Atlanta United FC
- New York Red Bulls Sign Colombian Youth International Center Back Andres Reyes - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Teams up with Epic Games to Bring Soccer to Fortnite - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Add MartÃÂn Vasquez to Coaching Staff - Houston Dynamo FC
- Atlanta United Teams up with Epic Games to Bring Soccer to Fortnite - Atlanta United FC
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.