91.9 Sports Becomes the New French Radio Broadcaster for CF Montreal
MONTREAL - CF Montréal and 91.9 Sports announced on Tuesday a new partnership agreement for the next two years as the Club's French-language broadcaster.
91.9 Sports will provide its listeners with all of the Club's regular season and playoff matches.
Each broadcast will include a 30-minute pre-game show, as well as a 30-minute post-game show for road games and one hour for games in Montreal.
"We are very pleased with this agreement with our new broadcaster because it is not only a broadcasting tool, but a true partnership," said CF Montréal president and CEO Kevin Gilmore. "Through this association, we want to make the Club shine during landmark matches and moments, but also for every bit of action that shapes our season. Together with 91.9 Sports, we want to innovate by talking to both current and new supporters with content throughout the station's programming."
"In the current pandemic context, 91.9 Sports continues its journey to inform and entertain its listeners. In a constant effort to offer an always-evolving programming, we start 2021 on a strong note with the announcement of this partnership," said Stephan René, 91.9 Sports' general manager. "This is a natural fit for us, as evidenced by the soccer coverage on our airwaves over the past five years. We're very happy to be able to play a significant role in developing the bond between CF Montréal and our listeners."
Even more FC919
FC919 has been a regular show in the station's lineup since its first steps, in 2015, and 91.9 Sports listeners will now be able to enjoy even more soccer content.
From the very start of the team's training camp, a 60-minute edition of FC919 will be broadcast each week, in addition to the current Saturday edition. Starting mid-June, FC919 will be broadcast daily, Monday through Thursday, in the early evening.
...and some new stuff
A brand-new CF Montréal Zone will also be created on the 91.9 Sports website, to allow fans to listen to FC919 and all Club-related content whenever they want.
In addition, 91.9 Sports will now award the Player of the Month trophy. The winners will be determined by a panel composed of the stations' talent.
Furthermore, the play-by-play and colour-commentator team, which will deliver live game commentary, will be announced in the coming weeks.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 19, 2021
- New York Red Bulls Trade Tim Parker to Houston Dynamo FC - New York Red Bulls
- Houston Dynamo FC Acquire Defender Tim Parker from New York Red Bulls - Houston Dynamo FC
- LA Galaxy Defender Julian Araujo Added to U-23 USMNT January Camp Roster - LA Galaxy
- U.S Men's National Team to Open 2021 against Trinidad & Tobago on January 31 at Exploria Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF Set for 2021 MLS SuperDraft on Thursday - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Signs Machop Chol as Homegrown Player - Atlanta United FC
- 91.9 Sports Becomes the New French Radio Broadcaster for CF Montreal - Club de Foot Montreal
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Adam Saldana - LA Galaxy
- New England Revolution Re-Sign Goalkeeper Matt Turner - New England Revolution
- MLS Adds Ethan Bartlow, Bret Halsey as Generation adidas Signings - MLS
- Nashville SC Acquires 2021 and 2022 SuperDraft Selections from Philadelphia Union - Nashville SC
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Complete Transfer of Chilean International Forward Felipe Mora from Pumas UNAM - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Hires Paul McDonough as Vice President of Soccer Operations - Atlanta United FC
- New York Red Bulls Sign Colombian Youth International Center Back Andres Reyes - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Teams up with Epic Games to Bring Soccer to Fortnite - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Add MartÃÂn Vasquez to Coaching Staff - Houston Dynamo FC
- Atlanta United Teams up with Epic Games to Bring Soccer to Fortnite - Atlanta United FC
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Club de Foot Montreal Stories
- CF Montréal Will Play All Remaining Home Games in Montreal in 2021
- Stade Saputo Permitted Capacity Increased Significantly
- CF Montréal Will Play at Stade Saputo in August
- Schedule Change Announced
- CF Montreal Earns Wild 5-4 Win over FC Cincinnati in Return to Montreal