MLS Adds Ethan Bartlow, Bret Halsey as Generation adidas Signings
January 19, 2021 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer today announced Ethan Bartlow (University of Washington) and Bret Halsey (University of Virginia) as newly minted signings to the 2021 Generation adidas class, which now features five top prospects among the 174 players eligible for selection in MLS SuperDraft 2021 presented by adidas this Thursday, Jan. 21 (2 p.m. ET).
The final list of players eligible for selection is available to download here . Bartlow is a 6-foot center back whose father played at Santa Clara University. The junior became the first Huskies player to earn the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year award during a landmark 2019 season that also earned him All-Pac-12 First Team and All-America Second Team honors.
A junior midfielder, Halsey is a two-time ACC All-Tournament Team selection, who started all 31 matches in which he has appeared. The Sterling, Virginia native led the Cavaliers to both an ACC Championship and the NCAA College Cup Final in 2019, and he has tallied a goal and two assists over his three seasons.
Bartlow and Halsey join Calvin Harris (Wake Forest University), Philip Mayaka (Clemson University), and Daniel Pereira (Virginia Tech) in the 2021 Generation adidas class as top SuperDraft prospects.
Players eligible for selection in MLS SuperDraft include college seniors, Generation adidas players, and players who have waived their college eligibility by signing to play in a domestic professional league since the conclusion of the 2019 college soccer season.
Following MLS SuperDraft, Generation adidas players and select additional draftees will join their MLS clubs for the 2021 preseason, while others may continue to compete for their colleges before reporting to their MLS clubs in late May.
MLS SuperDraft 2021 presented by adidas is set for Jan. 21 (2 p.m. ET). Round 1 will be streamed live on MLSsoccer.com, the MLSsoccer.com, the MLS App, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pluto TV. Fans can follow every pick as it happens using MLSsoccer.com's MLS SuperDraft tracker .
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 19, 2021
- New York Red Bulls Trade Tim Parker to Houston Dynamo FC - New York Red Bulls
- Houston Dynamo FC Acquire Defender Tim Parker from New York Red Bulls - Houston Dynamo FC
- LA Galaxy Defender Julian Araujo Added to U-23 USMNT January Camp Roster - LA Galaxy
- U.S Men's National Team to Open 2021 against Trinidad & Tobago on January 31 at Exploria Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF Set for 2021 MLS SuperDraft on Thursday - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Signs Machop Chol as Homegrown Player - Atlanta United FC
- 91.9 Sports Becomes the New French Radio Broadcaster for CF Montreal - Club de Foot Montreal
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Adam Saldana - LA Galaxy
- New England Revolution Re-Sign Goalkeeper Matt Turner - New England Revolution
- MLS Adds Ethan Bartlow, Bret Halsey as Generation adidas Signings - MLS
- Nashville SC Acquires 2021 and 2022 SuperDraft Selections from Philadelphia Union - Nashville SC
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Complete Transfer of Chilean International Forward Felipe Mora from Pumas UNAM - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Hires Paul McDonough as Vice President of Soccer Operations - Atlanta United FC
- New York Red Bulls Sign Colombian Youth International Center Back Andres Reyes - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Teams up with Epic Games to Bring Soccer to Fortnite - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Add MartÃÂn Vasquez to Coaching Staff - Houston Dynamo FC
- Atlanta United Teams up with Epic Games to Bring Soccer to Fortnite - Atlanta United FC
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.