Sounders FC Teams up with Epic Games to Bring Soccer to Fortnite
SEATTLE, WASH. - Sounders FC today announced that this week the club and Epic Games are celebrating global soccer in Fortnite, alongside more than 20 other top clubs around the world. The Rave Green are one of three Major League Soccer teams selected for participation in these exclusive events, along with Atlanta United and LAFC.
"Soccer is consistently one of the top sports that our players tell us they want to see and experience in Fortnite," said Nate Nanzer, Head of Global Partnerships at Epic Games. "We are excited to team up with Sounders FC to bring 'the beautiful game' to Fortnite fans around the world as they face off in competitive tournaments, experience new creative modes of gameplay and celebrate global football."
Starting January 23, players can choose from 10 different variants of new "Kickoff Set" outfits to represent their favorite club in-game. Each outfit can be swapped to any of the 23 clubs participating, including Sounders FC. Additionally, players can earn or purchase two new emotes, including a "Fancy Footwork" dribbling emote and the iconic "Pelé's Air Punch" celebration. The full list of participating teams, as well as additional information, can be found here.
Fortnite players and footballers around the world can jump into the game on January 20 for an opportunity to earn rewards even earlier by participating in the Pelé Cup. Anyone playing the game can also visit the Creative Hub for an immersive soccer experience throughout the week and join select clubs around the world in hosted Fortnite tournaments.
Sounders FC's tournament is scheduled for this Thursday, January 21, at 5:00 p.m. PT. Interested participants can register here. The top 100 finishers in the tournament are being rewarded with a free collection of Kickoff Set outfits.
All Kickoff Set outfits, including Sounders FC's, are available for purchase in Fortnite's in-game marketplace from January 23 through January 30.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 19, 2021
- New York Red Bulls Trade Tim Parker to Houston Dynamo FC - New York Red Bulls
- Houston Dynamo FC Acquire Defender Tim Parker from New York Red Bulls - Houston Dynamo FC
- LA Galaxy Defender Julian Araujo Added to U-23 USMNT January Camp Roster - LA Galaxy
- U.S Men's National Team to Open 2021 against Trinidad & Tobago on January 31 at Exploria Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF Set for 2021 MLS SuperDraft on Thursday - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Signs Machop Chol as Homegrown Player - Atlanta United FC
- 91.9 Sports Becomes the New French Radio Broadcaster for CF Montreal - Club de Foot Montreal
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Adam Saldana - LA Galaxy
- New England Revolution Re-Sign Goalkeeper Matt Turner - New England Revolution
- MLS Adds Ethan Bartlow, Bret Halsey as Generation adidas Signings - MLS
- Nashville SC Acquires 2021 and 2022 SuperDraft Selections from Philadelphia Union - Nashville SC
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Complete Transfer of Chilean International Forward Felipe Mora from Pumas UNAM - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Hires Paul McDonough as Vice President of Soccer Operations - Atlanta United FC
- New York Red Bulls Sign Colombian Youth International Center Back Andres Reyes - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Teams up with Epic Games to Bring Soccer to Fortnite - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Add MartÃÂn Vasquez to Coaching Staff - Houston Dynamo FC
- Atlanta United Teams up with Epic Games to Bring Soccer to Fortnite - Atlanta United FC
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC and Therabody Announce New Multi-Year Partnership
- Sounders FC Falls 3-1 to Sporting Kansas City
- Sounders FC Hosts Sporting Kansas City on Sunday Evening at Lumen Field
- Sounders FC Honors Legacy of Seattle Soccer Icon Jimmy Gabriel at this Sunday's Heritage-Themed Match
- Raúl Ruidíaz Voted MLS Player of the Week