New England Revolution Re-Sign Goalkeeper Matt Turner
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution have re-signed goalkeeper Matt Turner ahead of the 2021 MLS season. Turner, who is currently in January Camp with the United States Men's National Team, is set to begin his sixth MLS campaign, all with New England.
Turner, 26, has recorded 69 MLS starts and a record of 24-21-23, with 16 shutouts, since joining the Revolution as an undrafted free agent in 2016. The Park Ridge, N.J. native finished second in MLS Goalkeeper of the Year voting and took home Revolution Team MVP honors in 2020 after helping set a club record for lowest goals-against average in a season. In the 2020 postseason, he backstopped the Revolution in all four MLS Cup Playoff contests en route to the Eastern Conference Final. Turner ranks among the Revolution's top-three goalkeepers all-time in saves percentage, saves, wins, and minutes played in net.
On the international stage, Turner represents the U.S. Men's National Team and most recently earned a call-up to his second consecutive January Camp. He is seeking his first international appearance when the USMNT returns to play with a planned friendly match at the end of January.
Turner will be available to media in a virtual press conference today, Jan. 19 at 3:30 p.m. ET. Members of the media may click here to participate.
TRANSACTION: New England Revolution re-sign goalkeeper Matt Turner on Jan. 19, 2021.
MATT TURNER AT A GLANCE:
- Entering sixth professional season, all with New England, and owns 69 MLS starts, 16 shutouts, and a record of 24-21-23.
- In 2020, voted Revolution Team MVP and finished second in MLS Goalkeeper of the Year voting, helping set team record for lowest goals-against average (1.09).
- Ranks among the Revolution's top-three goalkeepers all-time in goals against average, wins, saves, and minutes played in net.
- Has earned three call-ups to the U.S. Men's National Team including two straight invitations to January Camp in 2020 and 2021.
- Signed with the Revolution as an undrafted free agent out of Fairfield in 2016.
#30 MATT TURNER
Date of Birth: 06/24/94 (Park Ridge, N.J.)
Hometown: Park Ridge, N.J.
Nationality: United States
Acquired: Signed as undrafted college free agent in March 2016; re-signed on Jan. 19, 2021.
Media Website | Roster | Photos/Video | News
Social: NERevolution | #NERevs
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 19, 2021
- New York Red Bulls Trade Tim Parker to Houston Dynamo FC - New York Red Bulls
- Houston Dynamo FC Acquire Defender Tim Parker from New York Red Bulls - Houston Dynamo FC
- LA Galaxy Defender Julian Araujo Added to U-23 USMNT January Camp Roster - LA Galaxy
- U.S Men's National Team to Open 2021 against Trinidad & Tobago on January 31 at Exploria Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF Set for 2021 MLS SuperDraft on Thursday - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Signs Machop Chol as Homegrown Player - Atlanta United FC
- 91.9 Sports Becomes the New French Radio Broadcaster for CF Montreal - Club de Foot Montreal
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Adam Saldana - LA Galaxy
- New England Revolution Re-Sign Goalkeeper Matt Turner - New England Revolution
- MLS Adds Ethan Bartlow, Bret Halsey as Generation adidas Signings - MLS
- Nashville SC Acquires 2021 and 2022 SuperDraft Selections from Philadelphia Union - Nashville SC
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Complete Transfer of Chilean International Forward Felipe Mora from Pumas UNAM - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Hires Paul McDonough as Vice President of Soccer Operations - Atlanta United FC
- New York Red Bulls Sign Colombian Youth International Center Back Andres Reyes - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Teams up with Epic Games to Bring Soccer to Fortnite - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Add MartÃÂn Vasquez to Coaching Staff - Houston Dynamo FC
- Atlanta United Teams up with Epic Games to Bring Soccer to Fortnite - Atlanta United FC
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Players Collaborative Fund Unveiled with $20,000 Donation to Black Players for Change
- Revolution Top CF Montréal, 2-1
- Henry Kessler Named to United States Men's National Team Gold Cup Roster
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Cf Montreal