P-Bruins Fail to Score, Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 3-0
HARTFORD, CT. - The Providence Bruins failed to find the scoresheet for the second consecutive game and fell to the Hartford Wolf Pack, 3-0, on Saturday night. Providence heads into the Christmas break sitting in second place in the Atlantic Division with 41 points in 33 contests. The P-Bruins outshot the Wolf Pack, 31-21 in the loss.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
PROVIDENCE 0 0 0 0
HARTFORD 0 1 2 3
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"It was certainly a frustrating night for us. The first period we weren't where we wanted to be. Second and third period we really started to push.
"We just couldn't get it past their goaltender. They obviously had a couple timely goals themselves and that's what led to the defeat."
"I felt great to be back. Definitely miss playing with these guys. Obviously not the way we wanted to end it going into Christmas, but I love our team and think we have a really good second half coming up. "
- Zach Senyshyn returned to the lineup on Saturday night and recorded a team-high five shots on goal.
- Max Lagace recorded 18 saves for Providence in the loss.
- Twelve of 18 Providence skaters recorded at least one shot on goal.
- Providence outshot Hartford, 15-4, in the third period.
- The Bruins will travel to Springfield, Massachusetts and take on the Springfield Thunderbirds on Friday, December 27 at MassMutual Center. Puck drop is set for 7:05 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 21, 2019
- Tucson Buries Reign - Ontario Reign
- Colorado Makes It Four Straight with 4-1 Win over Bakersfield - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Drop Opener in Colorado - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolves Drop Stars Late - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Top Stars in 2-1 Heartbreaker - Texas Stars
- Amerks Head into Christmas Break with Loss to Comets - Rochester Americans
- Post Game Notes: Texas 1 at Chicago 2 - Texas Stars
- Moose Top Rampage on Griffith Hat Trick - San Antonio Rampage
- Shesterkin Pitches Shutout vs. Providence - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Fail to Score, Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 3-0 - Providence Bruins
- Skarek earns first North American shutout and St. Denis scores twice on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Win in Overtime over T-Birds, Win Streak Pushed to Seven - Hershey Bears
- Sens Beaten by Marlies in Final Game Before Break - Belleville Senators
- Penguins Downed in Bridgeport, 3-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Laberge Strikes Twice at Charlotte - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Come Back for 3-2 Win over IceHogs - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Merry with Divisional Win in Rochester - Utica Comets
- Crunch Defeat Devils, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Lose To Crunch, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Jonsson-Fjallby Spoils Montembeault's Marvelous Night in OT - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Phantoms Survive Checkers' Late Rally Attempt - Charlotte Checkers
- San Diego Gulls Sign Brett Pollock to PTO - San Diego Gulls
- Game 28 Preview: Ontario at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Battle of Ontario Heads to Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, December 21, 2019 vs. Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Heat Bring Six-Game Point Streak to San Diego Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, December 21 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Thunderbirds, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Third-Period Comeback Sparks 4-2 Win at San Diego - San Jose Barracuda
- Fasching Records Hat Trick As Roadrunners Extend Franchise Record Winning Streak To Seven - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Jose Gets Better of Gulls, 4-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Earns 4-2 Victory against Grand Rapids - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Complete Weekend Sweep, Beat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-2
- Vladar Records Shutout as P-Bruins Defeat Laval Rocket, 3-0
- P-Bruins Top Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 4-2
- P-Bruins Earn One Point, Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers in Overtime, 2-1
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 4-2