Oklahoma City Blue Acquires Six Players on NBA D-League Draft Day
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oct. 31, 2015 - The Oklahoma City Blue added six players on Saturday by selecting guards Warren Niles and Jarekious Bradley in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft and acquiring guards J.P. Tokoto and Jon Octeus, center Ian Chiles and forward James Carlton through three separate trades, the team announced today.
The Blue acquired Tokoto from the Delaware 87ers along with Carlton (98th overall pick) and a 2016 second round pick from the Fort Wayne Mad Ants as part of three-team deal. The Blue traded Rodney Carney (13th overall pick) and its 2016 second round pick to Delaware along with Stephan Hicks (32nd overall pick) to Fort Wayne.
Oklahoma City received Chiles (50th overall pick) from the Los Angeles D-Fenders in exchange for a 2016 third round pick. The Blue brought in Octeus (79th overall pick), a 2016 second round pick and the returning player rights to Jeff Adrien from the Texas Legends in exchange for Patrick Miller (28th overall pick) and a 2016 eighth round pick.
Niles was selected by Oklahoma City with the 70th overall pick and Bradley was chosen with the 89th.
Tokoto (6-6, 200) spent three seasons at North Carolina, where he averaged 8.3 points, 5.6 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.5 steals per game as a junior in 2014-15. In Tokoto's last season with the Tar Heels, he finished fifth in the ACC in total assists (163) and seventh in steals (56). A two-time First Team All-ACC Defensive Team selection, Tokoto was drafted by the Philadelphia 76ers as the 58th overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft. He was originally acquired by the 87ers as an affiliate player.
Octeus (6-4, 170) averaged 9.3 points, 4.9 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.0 steal during his 2014-15 season at Purdue while shooting 49.0 percent from the field. Prior to joining the Boilermakers, Octeus played two seasons at Colorado State.
Chiles (7-2, 260) played four seasons at Morgan State, averaging 15.6 points, 6.5 rebounds and 3.0 blocks as a senior in 2013-14. The center saw action in eight games in 2014-15 with BC Rilski Sportist in Bulgaria, averaging 8.6 points and 4.5 rebounds.
Niles (6-5, 195) averaged 14.6 points, 3.7 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.0 steals in a four-year playing career at Oral Roberts from 2009 to 2013. The guard spent the 2013-14 season with Aget Service Imola in Italy, averaging 16.2 points and 5.0 rebounds.
Bradley (6-5, 220) put together averages of 16.2 points, 5.5 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.0 steal last year at Southeast Missouri.
Carlton (6-8, 220) averaged 15.9 points, 7.8 rebounds, 1.0 assist, 1.0 block and 1.0 steal during his senior season at Howard. He had previously played at the College of Charleston.
Oklahoma City opens the 2015-16 NBA D-League season on Nov. 14 at the Cox Convention Center against the Austin Spurs. For more information, visit OklahomaCityBlue.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 31, 2015
- The Bighorns Select Five Players in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Reno Bighorns
- Stampede Select Six Players and Aqcuire Justin Manns in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Idaho Stampede
- Drive Selects Five Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Grand Rapids Drive
- Oklahoma City Blue Acquires Six Players on NBA D-League Draft Day - Oklahoma City Blue
- Mad Ants Draft and Trade Updates - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- D-Fenders Finalize 2015 Training Camp Roster - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Idaho Stampede Acqurie 37th Pick Justn Manns for the Returning Player Rights of Daniel Orton - Idaho Stampede
- Red Claws Announce Draft Results, Training Camp Roster - Maine Celtics
- Bakersfield Jam Acquire Six Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Bakersfield Jam
- Legends Complete Two Trades, Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Roster - Texas Legends
- Warriors Acquire Rights to Daniel Orton in Trade with Idaho - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Vipers Select Amir Williams and Jarvis Summers in 2015 NBA Development League Draft - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Legends Select Five Players in 2015 NBA Development League Draft - Texas Legends
- Erie BayHawks Finalize Training Camp Roster - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Select Five Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Cleveland Charge
- Raptors 905 Announces NBA D-League Draft Results, Training Camp - Raptors 905
- Warriors Select Seven Players in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Idaho Stampede Select Jeff Ayres with First Pick of 2015 NBA Development League Draft - G League
- Skyforce Selects Five Players in 2015 NBA Development League Draft - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Erie BayHawks Acquire 24th Overall Pick Myck Kabongo and Player Rights to D.J. Seeley - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Ants Complete 2015 Draft - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Select Jean Victor Nguidjol in First Round of 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Austin Spurs
- Iowa Energy Finalize Training Camp Roster - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Select Jimmer Fredette in 2015-16 NBA - Westchester Knicks
- Erie BayHawks Announce Affiliate, Returning Players - Erie BayHawks
- Iowa Energy Announce Returning, Affiliate, Tryout Players and Draft Rights Players for 2015 Training - Iowa Wolves
- Raptors 905 Acquires Rights to Ronald Roberts - Raptors 905
- Warriors Acquire Draft Picks, Returning Player Rights in Trade with Raptors 905 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.