Erie BayHawks Announce Affiliate, Returning Players
Erie, Pennsylvania, October 31, 2015 - The Erie BayHawks have announced six players added to their training camp roster as affiliate and returning players. Daniel Coursey, Keith Appling, and Derrick Caracter will be joining the BayHawks as returning players. Nnanna Egwu, Melvin Ejim, and Jordan Sibert join as Orlando Magic affiliate players. Tyler Harvey joins the team as an NBA Draft Rights player.
Appling played 10 games with the BayHawks last season, starting five. He shot 52 percent from the field and averaged 17.4 points per game at point guard. Appling went into training camp with the Los Angeles Lakers after going undrafted following the 2013-14 season but failed to make the opening day roster and landed in the NBA Development League with the Los Angeles D-Fenders. On March 7, 2015, he was traded to the BayHawks for the returning player rights to Cleveland Melvin. Appling signed a two-year partially guaranteed deal with the Orlando Magic on September 24 but was waived on October 19 after averaging a team-best 15.6 points per game for the Magic's White team in the Orlando Pro Summer League. The BayHawks hold his NBA Development League rights.
Coursey spent the entirety of the 2014-15 season with the BayHawks. He was selected in the second round (20th overall) of the 2014 NBA Development League Draft out of Mercer. He appeared in all 50 games, starting 44. Coursey shot 52 percent from the field. He finished fifteenth (15th) in the league in blocked shots with 73 total blocks, averaging 1.5 per game. He averaged 9.1 points per game.
Caracter joins the BayHawks after a trade with the Idaho Stampede on October 12th. A power forward out of UTEP, Caracter was the 58th overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft. He played 41 games with the Los Angeles Lakers during his rookie season but was waived after tearing his left lateral meniscus during practice. Caracter played four games for the Idaho Stampede during the 2011-12 season following his injury. Caracter spent time in Poland and Lithuania in the 2013-14 season before helping his Brazilian team, Novo Basquete Brasil, win the 2014 FIBA Intercontinental Cup.
Harvey was selected 51st overall in the 2015 NBA Draft. Harvey comes off his senior season at Eastern Washington University of the Big Sky Conference. He finished the season as the Division I leading scorer with 23.1 points per game. The AP awarded him with an Honorable Mention All-America title after leading the Eagles to the NCAA tournament as a thirteenth seed. By playing with the BayHawks this season, Harvey has ensured that the Orlando Magic will maintain his rights prior to the 2015-16 season.
Egwu (EGG-wu) joined the Magic for the 2015 NBA Summer League after going undrafted in the NBA Draft. He signed with the Magic on September 24th but was waived on October 23rd. Touted as a defensive specialist, Egwu played all four years at the University of Illinois. In his senior season, he earned Big Ten All-Defensive Team honors. He is the all-time leader in blocks for the Illini, totaling 201 over his four-year career.
Ejim (EDGE-um) signed with the Orlando Magic on August 4th. He went undrafted in the 2014 NBA Draft after a four-year career at Iowa University where he holds the record for games started and games played. He is the only player in IU history to garner more than 1,000 points, 1,000 rebounds, and 100 steals. In the 2013-14 season, Ejim was named the Big 12 Player of the Year. Ejim spent the 2014-15 season playing with Italian team Virtus Roma where he averaged 7.9 points and 5.6 rebounds per 24.1 minutes per game. Ejim averaged 9.2 points, 8.8 rebounds, and 1.6 assists while playing for the Orlando Magic in the Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League.
Sibert played two seasons with the University of Dayton after transferring from Ohio State following his sophomore season. In each of his two seasons, he was the leading scorer and led the Flyers to the NCAA Tournament. In 2014, the Flyers made a run to the Elite Eight. Sibert played for the Orlando Magic in the NBA Summer League after going undrafted in the 2015 NBA Draft where he averaged 11.3 points, 3 rebounds, 1.7 assists in three games.
The BayHawks will fill out the remaining training camp roster during todays 2pm ET NBA Development League Draft. Training camp tips off at Penn State-Behrend's Junker Center on November 3rd at noon.
NAME POSITION HEIGHT WEIGHT SCHOOL STATUS
Keith Appling Guard 6'0" 190 Michigan St. Returning
Derrick Caracter Forward 6'9" 276 UTEP Returning
Daniel Coursey Forward 6'10" 220 Mercer Returning
Nnanna Egwu Center 6'11" 250 Illinois Affiliate
Melvin Ejim Guard 6'6" 220 Iowa Affiliate
Tyler Harvey Guard 6'2" 174 Eastern Washington NBA Draft Rights
Jordan Sibert Guard 6'4" 187 Dayton Affiliate
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 31, 2015
- The Bighorns Select Five Players in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Reno Bighorns
- Stampede Select Six Players and Aqcuire Justin Manns in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Idaho Stampede
- Drive Selects Five Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Grand Rapids Drive
- Oklahoma City Blue Acquires Six Players on NBA D-League Draft Day - Oklahoma City Blue
- Mad Ants Draft and Trade Updates - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- D-Fenders Finalize 2015 Training Camp Roster - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Idaho Stampede Acqurie 37th Pick Justn Manns for the Returning Player Rights of Daniel Orton - Idaho Stampede
- Red Claws Announce Draft Results, Training Camp Roster - Maine Red Claws
- Bakersfield Jam Acquire Six Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Bakersfield Jam
- Legends Complete Two Trades, Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Roster - Texas Legends
- Warriors Acquire Rights to Daniel Orton in Trade with Idaho - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Vipers Select Amir Williams and Jarvis Summers in 2015 NBA Development League Draft - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Legends Select Five Players in 2015 NBA Development League Draft - Texas Legends
- Erie BayHawks Finalize Training Camp Roster - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Select Five Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Canton Charge
- Raptors 905 Announces NBA D-League Draft Results, Training Camp - Raptors 905
- Warriors Select Seven Players in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Idaho Stampede Select Jeff Ayres with First Pick of 2015 NBA Development League Draft - G League
- Skyforce Selects Five Players in 2015 NBA Development League Draft - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Erie BayHawks Acquire 24th Overall Pick Myck Kabongo and Player Rights to D.J. Seeley - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Ants Complete 2015 Draft - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Select Jean Victor Nguidjol in First Round of 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Austin Spurs
- Iowa Energy Finalize Training Camp Roster - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Select Jimmer Fredette in 2015-16 NBA - Westchester Knicks
- Erie BayHawks Announce Affiliate, Returning Players - Erie BayHawks
- Iowa Energy Announce Returning, Affiliate, Tryout Players and Draft Rights Players for 2015 Training - Iowa Wolves
- Raptors 905 Acquires Rights to Ronald Roberts - Raptors 905
- Warriors Acquire Draft Picks, Returning Player Rights in Trade with Raptors 905 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Erie BayHawks Stories
- Erie BayHawks Announce 2019-20 Single Game Tickets and Promotional Schedule
- Erie BayHawks Announce Junior Dance Team Auditions
- Erie BayHawks Announce Two New Ticket Initiatives for 2019-20 Season
- BayHawks Announce Six Select Dates for the 2019-20 Season
- Pelicans Sign Zylan Cheatham and Josh Gray to Two-Way Contracts