Raptors 905 Acquires Rights to Ronald Roberts
Raptors 905, the NBA Development League affiliate of the Toronto Raptors, announced Saturday it has acquired the returning player rights to forward Ronald Roberts from the Santa Cruz Warriors, along with Santa Cruz's own original 2016 third-round pick in exchange for Raptors 905's own original 2015 second-round pick, own original 2016 first-round pick and the returning player rights to forward Kevin Jones. Roberts will not attend Raptors 905 training camp, but is expected to join the team at a later date.
Roberts, 24, recently attended Toronto Raptors training camp. He saw action in three preseason contests recording 10 points and eight rebounds in 23 minutes. The 6-8, 225-pound forward is coming off a four-year career at Saint Joseph's University, where in 131 career games with the Hawks, the Bayonne, N.J. native averaged 27.0 minutes, 10.7 points and 6.6 rebounds.
Jones was originally acquired by Raptors 905 in this summer's NBA D-League expansion draft.
Raptors 905 training camp begins on Monday, November 2 in Mississauga. Media day is set for Wednesday, November 4 at Hershey Centre. Raptors 905 begins its 2015 preseason schedule on Thursday, November 5, when the team will visit the Windsor Express (National Basketball League of Canada) at WFCU Centre in Windsor, Ontario at 7:30 p.m. The first Raptors 905 home preseason contest is scheduled for Sunday, November 8 when the club will host the Erie BayHawks at Hershey Centre in Mississauga, Ontario at 2 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 31, 2015
- The Bighorns Select Five Players in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Reno Bighorns
- Stampede Select Six Players and Aqcuire Justin Manns in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Idaho Stampede
- Drive Selects Five Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Grand Rapids Drive
- Oklahoma City Blue Acquires Six Players on NBA D-League Draft Day - Oklahoma City Blue
- Mad Ants Draft and Trade Updates - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- D-Fenders Finalize 2015 Training Camp Roster - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Idaho Stampede Acqurie 37th Pick Justn Manns for the Returning Player Rights of Daniel Orton - Idaho Stampede
- Red Claws Announce Draft Results, Training Camp Roster - Maine Red Claws
- Bakersfield Jam Acquire Six Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Bakersfield Jam
- Legends Complete Two Trades, Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Roster - Texas Legends
- Warriors Acquire Rights to Daniel Orton in Trade with Idaho - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Vipers Select Amir Williams and Jarvis Summers in 2015 NBA Development League Draft - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Legends Select Five Players in 2015 NBA Development League Draft - Texas Legends
- Erie BayHawks Finalize Training Camp Roster - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Select Five Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Canton Charge
- Raptors 905 Announces NBA D-League Draft Results, Training Camp - Raptors 905
- Warriors Select Seven Players in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Idaho Stampede Select Jeff Ayres with First Pick of 2015 NBA Development League Draft - G League
- Skyforce Selects Five Players in 2015 NBA Development League Draft - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Erie BayHawks Acquire 24th Overall Pick Myck Kabongo and Player Rights to D.J. Seeley - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Ants Complete 2015 Draft - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Select Jean Victor Nguidjol in First Round of 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Austin Spurs
- Iowa Energy Finalize Training Camp Roster - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Select Jimmer Fredette in 2015-16 NBA - Westchester Knicks
- Erie BayHawks Announce Affiliate, Returning Players - Erie BayHawks
- Iowa Energy Announce Returning, Affiliate, Tryout Players and Draft Rights Players for 2015 Training - Iowa Wolves
- Raptors 905 Acquires Rights to Ronald Roberts - Raptors 905
- Warriors Acquire Draft Picks, Returning Player Rights in Trade with Raptors 905 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.