Mad Ants Complete 2015 Draft
FORT WAYNE, IN (October 31, 2015) - The Fort Wayne Mad Ants, presented by Lutheran Health Network, finalized their 2015 Draft Class at the closing of the 2015 NBA D-League Draft Saturday. Listed below, the Mad Ants draft selections by round:
Rd. Name Pos. HT WT School
2 Walter Lemon Jr. G 6-3 180 Bradley
3 Anthony Walker F 6-9 220 UT-Arlington
4 Matt Ross F 6-8 220 Chicago State
5 Anthony Harris G 6-2 190 Miami (FL)
6 James Carlton G 6-8 220 Howard
After trading their first round draft pick, the Mad Ants selected Walter Lemon Jr. with the 19th pick in the second round of the 2015 NBA Development League Draft. A 6'3" guard out of Bradley, Lemon ranks 7th in Bradley school history with his 1721 career points. As a two time member of the All-Defensive Team in 2013 and 2014 and a three time Missouri Valley Conference First-Team Scholar Athlete, Lemon joins the Mad Ants after averaging 18.0 points per game in his final season. Lemon stands as the school's first ever Scholar-Athlete of the Year back in 2014.
With their third round pick, the Mad Ants selected Anthony Walker out of the University of Texas-Arlington. The 6'9" forward comes to Fort Wayne after winning a NJCAA Championship with South Plains College. He finished second on the 36-0 South Plains squad in blocks (29) and field goal percentage (59.1). In Walker's final season with UT-Arlington, he averaged 4.4 points and 2.8 rebounds per game.
Matt Ross, Chicago State University, checked in as the Mad Ants fourth round pick of the 2015 D-League Draft. Ross, a 6-8 forward, began his collegiate career at Sauk Valley Community College, where he landed on the Second Team All-NJCAA. In his time at Chicago State, Ross was a two time Scholar Athlete in 2013-2014 and a member of the 2014 All-WAC Academic squad, ending his college career averaging 11.9 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.
In his return to Fort Wayne, the Mad Ants selected Anthony Harris as their fifth round pick. Harris, the guard out of the University of Miami (FL), joined the Mad Ants in 2012 after a short stint with the Bakersfield Jam. In his 35 games during the 2012 season, Harris averaged 8.97 points per game and eventually returned to join the Mad Ants for the 2013-14 championship season. Harris played in last summer's TBT (The Basketball Tournament), helping the Ants Alumni team advance to the Final Four in New York City. In his final season with Miami, Harris averaged 10.22 points per game.
With their final selection in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft, the Mad Ants picked up James Carlton out of Howard University. The 6-8, 220 guard finished his final season with the Bison averaging 15.9 points and 7.8 rebounds per game, earning him a spot on the 2015 All-Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference First Team.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 31, 2015
- The Bighorns Select Five Players in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Reno Bighorns
- Stampede Select Six Players and Aqcuire Justin Manns in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Idaho Stampede
- Drive Selects Five Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Grand Rapids Drive
- Oklahoma City Blue Acquires Six Players on NBA D-League Draft Day - Oklahoma City Blue
- Mad Ants Draft and Trade Updates - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- D-Fenders Finalize 2015 Training Camp Roster - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Idaho Stampede Acqurie 37th Pick Justn Manns for the Returning Player Rights of Daniel Orton - Idaho Stampede
- Red Claws Announce Draft Results, Training Camp Roster - Maine Celtics
- Bakersfield Jam Acquire Six Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Bakersfield Jam
- Legends Complete Two Trades, Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Roster - Texas Legends
- Warriors Acquire Rights to Daniel Orton in Trade with Idaho - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Vipers Select Amir Williams and Jarvis Summers in 2015 NBA Development League Draft - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Legends Select Five Players in 2015 NBA Development League Draft - Texas Legends
- Erie BayHawks Finalize Training Camp Roster - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Select Five Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Cleveland Charge
- Raptors 905 Announces NBA D-League Draft Results, Training Camp - Raptors 905
- Warriors Select Seven Players in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Idaho Stampede Select Jeff Ayres with First Pick of 2015 NBA Development League Draft - G League
- Skyforce Selects Five Players in 2015 NBA Development League Draft - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Erie BayHawks Acquire 24th Overall Pick Myck Kabongo and Player Rights to D.J. Seeley - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Ants Complete 2015 Draft - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Select Jean Victor Nguidjol in First Round of 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Austin Spurs
- Iowa Energy Finalize Training Camp Roster - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Select Jimmer Fredette in 2015-16 NBA - Westchester Knicks
- Erie BayHawks Announce Affiliate, Returning Players - Erie BayHawks
- Iowa Energy Announce Returning, Affiliate, Tryout Players and Draft Rights Players for 2015 Training - Iowa Wolves
- Raptors 905 Acquires Rights to Ronald Roberts - Raptors 905
- Warriors Acquire Draft Picks, Returning Player Rights in Trade with Raptors 905 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Fort Wayne Acquires Justin Anderson's Rights in Trade with Long Island
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Announce Basketball Operations Changes
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Announce 2021-22 Game Schedule
- Mad Ants Complete Trade with Memphis Hustle
- Mad Ants Announce Schedule Details for 15th Anniversary Season