Charge Select Five Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft
The 2015 NBA Development League Draft is complete, with the Canton Charge selecting five players with various college and professional experience. The Charge conducted their selections from their executive offices at the Canton Memorial Civic Center during a live draft party with Charge Nation Season Ticket Members in attendance. The five players selected will go towards filling the 16-man training camp roster.
With their 1st round selection (15th overall), the Charge took guard Antonio Barton (6'2", 180) from the University of Tennessee. As a senior, Barton started 28 of the Volunteers' 37 games at the point guard position. In 2013-14 for the Volunteers, Barton averaged 7.5 points, 2.2 rebounds, and 2.1 assists in 25.1 minutes per game. Prior to his senior season at UT, Barton played three seasons at University of Memphis, finishing second all-time in career three-point field goal percentage (.417) for the Tigers. He is the younger brother of Denver Nuggets guard Will Barton and played with Denver in the 2015 NBA Summer League.
With the 15th pick in the 2nd round, Canton chose forward Adrian Forbes (6'8", 232) out of Auburn University. Forbes' draft rights and a future second round pick were immediately traded to the Grand Rapids Drive in exchange for guard Michael Stockton. Stockton, the son of NBA Hall of Fame guard John Stockton, played collegiately at Westminster (Utah) and most recently played overseas for Ludwigsburg (Germany). Stockton also has played for the Utah Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder NBA Summer League teams.
With the 15th pick in the 3rd round, the Charge selected forward Juvonte Reddic (6'9", 236) out of Virginia Commonwealth University. As a senior at VCU, Reddic averaged 11.8 points and 8.4 rebounds in 27.9 minutes per game. This past season, Reddic played professionally in Italy with O. Lavoro BO.
Below is the complete list of players drafted by the Charge:
PLAYER POS HGT WGT BIRTHDATE SCHOOL ROUND (OVERALL)
Antonio Barton G 6-2 180 12/21/91 Tennessee 1st (15th)
Michael Stockton G 6-1 180 5/7/89 Westminster Trade
Juvonte Reddic F 6-9 236 5/23/92 VCU 3rd (53rd)
Joel Smith G 6-4 180 10/8/90 Northeastern 4th (72nd)
Sampson Carter F 6-8 220 9/11/90 UMASS 5th (91st)
2015-16 single game tickets and Charge Nation Memberships are on sale now starting at just $8 per game! Premium Memberships are also available, which include courtside seating and dining access in the Courtside Club presented by Budweiser starting at just $40 per game! Group discounts are available for parties of 20 or more, with Fan Experience Packages such as being a part of the high five tunnel or playing on the Charge court! For 2015-16 Charge Nation Memberships, game day promotions, and up-to-date information, head to www.CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944.
The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Majority Owner and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League and the Lake Erie Monsters of the American Hockey League, both of which play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 31, 2015
- The Bighorns Select Five Players in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Reno Bighorns
- Stampede Select Six Players and Aqcuire Justin Manns in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Idaho Stampede
- Drive Selects Five Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Grand Rapids Drive
- Oklahoma City Blue Acquires Six Players on NBA D-League Draft Day - Oklahoma City Blue
- Mad Ants Draft and Trade Updates - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- D-Fenders Finalize 2015 Training Camp Roster - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Idaho Stampede Acqurie 37th Pick Justn Manns for the Returning Player Rights of Daniel Orton - Idaho Stampede
- Red Claws Announce Draft Results, Training Camp Roster - Maine Red Claws
- Bakersfield Jam Acquire Six Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Bakersfield Jam
- Legends Complete Two Trades, Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Roster - Texas Legends
- Warriors Acquire Rights to Daniel Orton in Trade with Idaho - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Vipers Select Amir Williams and Jarvis Summers in 2015 NBA Development League Draft - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Legends Select Five Players in 2015 NBA Development League Draft - Texas Legends
- Erie BayHawks Finalize Training Camp Roster - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Select Five Players in 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Canton Charge
- Raptors 905 Announces NBA D-League Draft Results, Training Camp - Raptors 905
- Warriors Select Seven Players in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Idaho Stampede Select Jeff Ayres with First Pick of 2015 NBA Development League Draft - G League
- Skyforce Selects Five Players in 2015 NBA Development League Draft - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Erie BayHawks Acquire 24th Overall Pick Myck Kabongo and Player Rights to D.J. Seeley - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Ants Complete 2015 Draft - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Select Jean Victor Nguidjol in First Round of 2015 NBA D-League Draft - Austin Spurs
- Iowa Energy Finalize Training Camp Roster - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Select Jimmer Fredette in 2015-16 NBA - Westchester Knicks
- Erie BayHawks Announce Affiliate, Returning Players - Erie BayHawks
- Iowa Energy Announce Returning, Affiliate, Tryout Players and Draft Rights Players for 2015 Training - Iowa Wolves
- Raptors 905 Acquires Rights to Ronald Roberts - Raptors 905
- Warriors Acquire Draft Picks, Returning Player Rights in Trade with Raptors 905 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Canton Charge Stories
- Three Charge Alums Added to Cavaliers Training Camp Roster
- Cavaliers Sign Lamar Stevens to Two-Way Contract
- Cavs, Monsters & Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement
- Charge Launch Virtual 5K to Benefit Akron-Canton Foodbank
- NBA G League and Canton Charge Statements on 2019-20 Season Cancellation