Oilers Re-Sign Sampair for 2019-20 Season
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's St. Louis Blues, announced Tuesday the signing of forward Charlie Sampair.
Sampair, 25, returns to Tulsa after posting 35 points (18G, 17A) in 55 games for the Oilers. Sampair also spent 13 games with the San Antonio Rampage, tallying five points (3G, 2A).
During the 2017-18 campaign, Sampair led all Oilers in scoring, compiling 61 points (32G, 29A) in 71 games. Before coming to Tulsa, Sampair made his pro debut in 2016 with the Alaska Aces under the leadership of coach Rob Murray.
"This will by my third year in Tulsa, and fourth playing for coach Murray," Sampair said "I enjoy being in Tulsa with such a great fan base. We had a lot of success last year, and I am looking forward to this upcoming season."
Before turning pro, Sampair spent four seasons with the University of Minnesota-Duluth from 2012-2016, appearing in at least 15 games every season - playing in 67 games over his final two season for a total of 102 games.
"I'm really excited to have Charlie back," Murray said "He's one of the fastest skaters at the ECHL level, and had success during his call-ups to the AHL. He's part of our core that contributed to our success, and I'm looking forward to bigger and greater things."
The Oilers host the Kansas City Mavericks to open the regular season on Friday, October 11th at 7:05 p.m. at the BOK Center. Opening weekend will then see the Allen Americans come to town on Saturday, October 12th, before the Oilers close out the weekend with a Sunday matinee game against the Rapid City Rush at 4:05 p.m.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 6, 2019
- Battochio and King to Return for Opening Weekend - Rapid City Rush
- Nailers Re-Sign Aaron Titcomb - Wheeling Nailers
- Oilers Re-Sign Sampair for 2019-20 Season - Tulsa Oilers
- Hertz Arena to Receive Major Upgrades for 2019-20 Everblades Season - Florida Everblades
- Teigan Zahn Returns to Utah for 2019-2020 Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Walleye Add Championship Experience to Lneup - Toledo Walleye
- Admirals Re-Sign Brant Sherwood - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Sign Veteran Forward Josh Holmstrom - Norfolk Admirals
- Forward Marc-Olivier Roy Agrees to Join Steelheads for 2019-20 Season - Idaho Steelheads
- Kalamazoo Wings to Host 3rd Annual Fan-Designed Jersey Contest - Kalamazoo Wings
- Beast Re-Sign Former University of Toronto Standout Campagna - Brampton Beast
- Adirondack Signs Kelly Summers for Second Pro Season - Adirondack Thunder
- Tayler Thompson Back for Third Season with Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- IceMen Add Size with the Addition of Forward Jakob Reichert - Jacksonville IceMen
- A Day to Remember to Bring Tour to Cool Insuring Arena - Adirondack Thunder
- The New Look Atlanta Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.