Oilers Deal Kromm to Walleye
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's St. Louis Blues, announced Wednesday the trading of forward Alex Kromm to the Toledo Walleye in exchange for future considerations.
Kromm, 27, enters the year coming off a career-best season, registering career highs in goals (8), assists (12), points (24), PIM (90), games played (62) and plus-minus (12).
The 5'11, 185 lbs. forward finished second in PIM earned in an Oilers' sweater last season, and he appeared in six postseason games for the team before suffering an injury.
Prior to his time in Tulsa, Kromm spent time with the Rapid City Rush and Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL, playing in 68 games between the two teams. Kromm also played 39 games in the SPHL for the Columbus Cottonmouths.
The Penticton, BC native played collegiately at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, compiling 48 points (19G, 29A) in 111 games for the Pointers. Kromm capped off his college career with a Division 3 National Championship in his senior season.
The Oilers host the Kansas City Mavericks to open the regular season on Friday, October 11th at 7:05 p.m. at the BOK Center. Opening weekend will then see the Allen Americans come to town on Saturday, October 12th, before the Oilers close out the weekend with a Sunday matinee game against the Rapid City Rush at 4:05 p.m.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 9, 2019
- Solar Bears Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners Trade Supinski to Idaho - Maine Mariners
- Mavericks Open 11th Season this Weekend, Home Opener Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- WJBX News, Talk & More Returns as Broadcast Home of the 'Blades - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Acquire Forward Brett Supinski from Maine Mariners - Idaho Steelheads
- Mariners Captains Named for 2019-20 Season - Maine Mariners
- Oilers Deal Kromm to Walleye - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye Make Deals Prior to Season - Toledo Walleye
- Americans and Norfolk Make Four-Player Deal - Allen Americans
- 12th Annual Rush Season Ticket Holder Party Announced - Rapid City Rush
- Killins and Kallgren Sent to Rush from Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Make Pair of Transactions - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Watch Party on October 12 at Dave & Buster's - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Add Lawville to Sales Team - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.