Oilers Announce Fort Wayne as ECHL Affiliate
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Edmonton Oilers announced their ECHL affiliate will move to the Fort Wayne Komets in Fort Wayne, Indiana for the 2022-23 season.
Dating back more than 70 years, Fort Wayne has grown to become a hockey staple in Indiana. Since 1959, its teams have been part of the International Hockey League (IHL), the United Hockey League (UHL) and the Central Hockey League (CHL), before joining the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL) in 2012.
Owned for the past 33 years by the Franke family of Fort Wayne, the Komets have been perennial contenders in the ECHL for the past decade capturing two division championships (2016 & 2018), one conference championship (2021) and a Kelly Cup title in 2021.
Head coach Colin Chaulk had a storied career with the Komets franchise from 2002-13, ranking third all-time in scoring in Komets history. Chaulk posted 684 points (187G, 497A) in 581 career games and had his number 91 retired on February 19, 2017.
The Komets are led by head coach Ben Boudreau, who served as an assistant coach with the Condors in 2014-15.
Edmonton had previously held an ECHL affiliation with the Wichita Thunder from 2017-2022.
The Condors 25th Anniversary Season schedule is out now! Join the fun by reserving your group or ticket plan. Opening night is Saturday, Oct. 15. Be there by calling or texting 324-PUCK (7825)!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 27, 2022
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Olli Juolevi to One-Year Contract - San Diego Gulls
- Silver Knights Sign Darian Skeoch - Henderson Silver Knights
- Wolves Single-Game Tickets on Sale Thursday - Chicago Wolves
- Iowa Wild Announces Schedule Changes - Iowa Wild
- Admirals Announce Schedule Changes - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins to Host 'Learn with Hockey' School & Stem Game on October 5 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Oilers Announce Fort Wayne as ECHL Affiliate - Bakersfield Condors
- Colorado Inks Forwards Tarun Fizer, Cameron Wright - Colorado Eagles
- NHL Exhibition Tickets Sold Out - Belleville Senators
- Laczynski Re-Signs with Flyers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Reign Re-Sign Defender Cameron Gaunce - Ontario Reign
- Moose Ink Pair of Forwards - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Ink Burgess to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Cole Clayton to Two-Year AHL Contract - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.