OIL DROPS: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report
OILERS START FOUR GAME WEEK MONDAY AFTERNOON IN ALLEN
Wednesday, Jan. 10 - Wichita 5, Tulsa 3 (BOK Center - Tulsa, OK): The Oilers started off the week with a difficult 5-3 loss to Wichita in the Stonewolf Casino Cup series. The Thunder jumped in front 4:25 into the game, but Conner Bleackley answered 1:19 later on a power play. Wichita took a 2-1 lead into the first break, but Tulsa again responded when Ryan Tesink found the equalizer midway through the second period. Once again, a late goal vaulted the Thunder into the lead after two, and Kyle Dufour (2g, 2a) added two goals to Wichita's lead in the third to put the game away, before Adam Pleskach tallied a late power play goal in the eventual 5-3 loss.
Friday, Jan. 12 - Tulsa 5, Allen 3 (BOK Center - Tulsa, OK): Allen showed up to town and took a quick 1-0 lead into the locker room after 20 minutes Friday. The Oilers then used a three-goal second period to leap past the Americans 3-1 after 40 minutes. *Vladimir Nikiforov *and *Garrett Ladd* scored 23 seconds apart, before *Conner Bleackley* buried the first of two power play markers. His second goal on the man advantage came 3:01 into the third that grew the Oilers' lead to 4-1. Allen added two meaningless power play scores in the third period, one of which came in the final minute of regulation, after Ladd had already picked up an empty net goal to put the game away.
Saturday, Jan. 13 - Allen 7, Tulsa 2 (BOK Center - Tulsa, OK):
The Americans came out with a vengeance in the first period Saturday, scoring four goals in the first stanza. Their lead inflated to 6-0 in the middle frame, before *Charlie Sampair* finally put Tulsa on the board late. Allen added another goal in the third period, which was Gary Steffes' second of the night, joining Olivier Archambault, who already had a pair. *Conner Bleackley* extended his goal streak to three games, scoring with 3:32 to play, but the Americans cruised to the 7-2 win, becoming the first team to score four goals in a period, seven goals in a game and three power play goals in a single contest against the Oilers this season.
THE WEEK AHEAD: Monday, Jan. 15 - Tulsa AT Allen, 1:05pm - Allen Event Center (Allen, TX); Friday, Jan. 19 - Idaho vs. Tulsa, 7:05pm - BOK Center (Tulsa, OK); Saturday, Jan. 20 - Idaho vs. Tulsa, 7:05pm - BOK Center (Tulsa, OK); Sunday, Jan. 21 - Colorado vs. Tulsa, 4:05pm - BOK Center (Tulsa, OK).
FAST FACTS: Conner Bleackley (4g) has a 3-game goal streak, including 3 power play goals. Justin Selman tallied an assist in his first game back from injury since last playing Nov. 3. Adam Pleskach (1g, 2a) has a 3-game point streak.
- Tulsa scored 2 power play goals in back-to-back games (Wed. and Fri.) for the first time this season.
- The Oilers 3 second period goals Friday tied a season-high for goals in a period.
- Monday is Tulsa and Allen's 11th meeting of 13 this season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 15, 2018
- OIL DROPS: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Monarchs Fall to Royals, 6-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Five-Goal Explosion in 2nd Dominates Monarchs, 6-2 - Reading Royals
- Beast Score Plenty of Goals and Silence Thunder - Brampton Beast
- Mychan to Replace Joly at 2018 CCM/ECHL All-Star - Colorado Eagles
- Game Recap: Wings End Lengthy Road Trip with Overtime Win in Idaho - Kalamazoo Wings
- Eagles Win Eighth Straight with 8-1 Victory over Rush - Colorado Eagles
- Eagles Sweep Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Second Period Surge Lifts Fuel over Mallards - Indy Fuel
- Early Deficit Too Much in Loss to Utah - Wichita Thunder
- Heeter Stops 41 as Solar Bears Defeat Stingrays 2-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mallard Rally Falls Short - Quad City Mallards
- Impressive Third Period Leads 'Blades Past IceMen 5-3 - Florida Everblades
- Americans Thump Oilers 7-2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Komets Top Beast in Close Game - Brampton Beast
- Physical Effort Goes Thunder's Way, 4-1 - Reading Royals
- Brown's Late Goal Lifts Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Five-Game Road Trip Wraps up with 4-2 Loss to Nailers - Norfolk Admirals
- Railers Finish Six Game Roadie with 3-1 Loss in Manchester - Worcester Railers HC
- Monarchs Beat up Railers, 3-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Thunder Lands Young Sniper Latta - Wichita Thunder
- Forward Michael Joly Earns Call-Up to AHL's Rampage - Colorado Eagles
- Walker Called up to Iowa - Rapid City Rush
- Winner Announced in ECHL's 30th Anniversary Memories Contest - ECHL
- Admirals Wrap up Road Trip in Wheeling - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Sign Hummelstown Native Dillan Fox and Have Another Shot At - Reading Royals
- Thunder Clipped by Grizzles, 4-2. - Wichita Thunder
- Game Recap: Wings Led by Defensive Efforts in Win over Steelheads - Kalamazoo Wings
- Eagles Score Four Straight to Defeat Rapid City 4-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Sivak's Pair Not Enough in Loss - Rapid City Rush
- Win Streak Snapped for Solar Bears in 4-2 Loss at Greenville - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Falter in Loss to Quad City - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Halt Winless Streak - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.