Five-Game Road Trip Wraps up with 4-2 Loss to Nailers
Wheeling, W.V. - Norfolk got a pair of goals in the second, but three Nailers tallies in the third sunk the Admirals 4-2 on Saturday night. The Admirals wrap up a five-game road trip having collected points in three of four games.
After a feisty start the Nailers got the first goal of the evening. Pinching down from the left point, Dan Milan took a slap shot from the circle that found its way past Ty Reichenbach, giving the Nailers a 1-0 lead heading into the first intermission.
In the middle frame the Admirals offense found the back of the net. Domenic Alberga strided into the zone on the right wing side before sending a cross-ice pass to Alex Pompeo. Pompeo quickly cut towards the slot before wristing a shot on net that snuck through the five-hole of King, tying the game at 1-1. Shortly after the Admirals would take their first lead of the night. Patrick D'Amico took a pass from Michael Young before turning up ice. D'Amico made his way through the Nailers before sending a shot from the high slot low to the blocker side of King. D'Amico's eighth of the season gave the Admirals the one goal lead after two periods of play.
Wheeling knotted the game up just over halfway through the third period. J.C. Campagna, sitting on the edge of the crease, gloved down a high shot, and got a piece of it with his stick, sending it past Reichenbach. Late in the period the Nailers would retake the lead, and this time for good. Cam Brown netted his 11th of the season with just two minutes remaining in regulation, putting the Nailers up 3-2. With Reichenbach pulled Wheeling would add another just 0:47 later. Campagna scored his second of the night into the empty net, finishing the scoring at 4-2.
Ty Reichenbach finished the night with 44 saves on 47 shots in the loss. The Admirals capped off the five-game road trip with a record of 1-2-2-0, collecting four points.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 15, 2018
- OIL DROPS: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Monarchs Fall to Royals, 6-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Five-Goal Explosion in 2nd Dominates Monarchs, 6-2 - Reading Royals
- Beast Score Plenty of Goals and Silence Thunder - Brampton Beast
- Mychan to Replace Joly at 2018 CCM/ECHL All-Star - Colorado Eagles
- Game Recap: Wings End Lengthy Road Trip with Overtime Win in Idaho - Kalamazoo Wings
- Eagles Win Eighth Straight with 8-1 Victory over Rush - Colorado Eagles
- Eagles Sweep Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Second Period Surge Lifts Fuel over Mallards - Indy Fuel
- Early Deficit Too Much in Loss to Utah - Wichita Thunder
- Heeter Stops 41 as Solar Bears Defeat Stingrays 2-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mallard Rally Falls Short - Quad City Mallards
- Impressive Third Period Leads 'Blades Past IceMen 5-3 - Florida Everblades
- Americans Thump Oilers 7-2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Komets Top Beast in Close Game - Brampton Beast
- Physical Effort Goes Thunder's Way, 4-1 - Reading Royals
- Brown's Late Goal Lifts Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Five-Game Road Trip Wraps up with 4-2 Loss to Nailers - Norfolk Admirals
- Railers Finish Six Game Roadie with 3-1 Loss in Manchester - Worcester Railers HC
- Monarchs Beat up Railers, 3-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Thunder Lands Young Sniper Latta - Wichita Thunder
- Forward Michael Joly Earns Call-Up to AHL's Rampage - Colorado Eagles
- Walker Called up to Iowa - Rapid City Rush
- Winner Announced in ECHL's 30th Anniversary Memories Contest - ECHL
- Admirals Wrap up Road Trip in Wheeling - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Sign Hummelstown Native Dillan Fox and Have Another Shot At - Reading Royals
- Thunder Clipped by Grizzles, 4-2. - Wichita Thunder
- Game Recap: Wings Led by Defensive Efforts in Win over Steelheads - Kalamazoo Wings
- Eagles Score Four Straight to Defeat Rapid City 4-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Sivak's Pair Not Enough in Loss - Rapid City Rush
- Win Streak Snapped for Solar Bears in 4-2 Loss at Greenville - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Falter in Loss to Quad City - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Halt Winless Streak - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Game Preview: Mariners at Admirals, February 16, 2019
- Mariners Rally to Edge Admirals 4-3 in Overtime
- Game Preview: Mariners at Admirals, February 15, 2019
- Klima's Three Points Pushes Norfolk Past Stingrays 3-1
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Admirals, February 13, 2019