OF D.J. Artis activated from the 7-day Injured List
The Chicago Cubs have announced the following roster moves that impact the Myrtle Beach Pelicans roster:
OF D.J. Artis has been activated from the 7-day Injured List
RHP Chad Hockin has been placed on the 7-day Injured List
Artis, an outfielder in his first full professional season, rejoins the Birds after missing in 20 games in the Injured List. With the Pelicans, Artis hit .348 (8-for-23) over six games, including becoming the 10th player in franchise history to collect five hits in a game on August 2. He began the season with Low-A South Bend, hitting .267/.390/.375, but was promoted after hitting .367 (11-for-30) over his last eight games. A seventh-round selection by the Cubs in 2018, Artis had an incredible career at Liberty University. The outfielder was the Big South Freshman of the Year in 2016 and the Big South Player of the Year in 2017, hitting .359/.532/.552 while leading the country with 62 walks in 52 games. Over his career, he walked 166 times in 169 games while just striking out 107 times. Those 166 walks are a program record at Liberty, 71 more than the second-place player had. He left the Flames as one of three players with more than 200 hits, 165 runs and 65 stolen bases in program history. Before going to Liberty, he was drafted in the 40th round by the Boston Red Sox in 2016.
Artis will wear No. 6. The Pelicans roster now sits at 25 active members with eight players on the Injured List.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from August 28, 2019
- Sunitsch, Hardy and Bickford Combine on 5-0 Shutout - Carolina Mudcats
- Dash Stun Red Sox 12-3 - Salem Red Sox
- Offense Silenced in Zebulon - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- P-Nats Rally from Behind in 9-7 Win - Potomac Nationals
- Warthogs Crush Four Homers in 12-3 Win over Salem on Wednesday - Winston-Salem Dash
- Potomac's Four-Run Seventh Inning Dooms Birds on Wednesday - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Peralta and Escarra Lead Keys to Shutout Win - Frederick Keys
- Frederick Blanks Down East To Take Series Lead - Down East Wood Ducks
- Hartson, Pinto Dominant as Hillcats Shut Down Blue Rocks - Lynchburg Hillcats
- C Payton Henry placed on Carolina injured list - Carolina Mudcats
- August 28 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- Lebron Selected for Ariozona Fall League - Frederick Keys
- Three Wood Ducks to Compete in Arizona Fall League - Down East Wood Ducks
- OF D.J. Artis activated from the 7-day Injured List - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- August 28 Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
- Jeremy Pena and Jojanse Torres Selected to Join Arizona Fall League - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Winston-Salem Warthogs: Game Notes (August 28 vs. Salem) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: August 28 at Potomac - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- 2019 Playoff Tickets Now on Sale - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Woodpeckers Wallop Mudcats 10-1 - Carolina Mudcats
- Fayetteville Crushes Carolina with 10 Run Showing - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.